Author Topic: FYI.....The great christmas light fight.  (Read 1927 times)

Offline arw01

Re: FYI.....The great christmas light fight.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, »
**********  spoiler warning 

Caught up, I was surprised with the winner of the second hour.  It's who my wife expected and she loves the strobes too, I expected the family with the performers to be on the top, it was original.

Apparently LOR is a whole lot more common than I expected!

now where do you get the strobes from and are they just off a normal light string or can you time them with our ssc units?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is one source. Another for bulk buys is Creative Displays Inc (CDI). They usually screw into c9 sockets and are either led or xenon bulbs. I prefer the xenon as they fire faster. I believe that display used led. Be sure to use your soldering iron to burn a couple of weep holes in the lens to let condensation out. And bend the bottom tab in the socket slightly upward before screwing in the strobe to insure good contact. To use them in a sequence only use full on commands and start them a little before and after you want them to come on and a little before you want them to go off. As there is a little delay before they begin firing and they fire a little after you turn them off. Dimming them will damage them.

Offline arw01

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, »
Thank you.  Will keep these in mind if Zwillers experiment with the 1watt leds as strobes does not pan out.

I book marked the site to keep track of it.