Author Topic: show deadline?  (Read 2656 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: show deadline?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, »
Heck I usually leave mine up, but not running every night until mid January so I can play with different software techniques without the pressure of having a show every night.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, »
Congrats Captain!  Be warned, it's gets tougher to find blinky time when they get older....  Youngest is 1.  I thought differently. 

It ain't over til it's over.  90% chance of rain all weekend  <fp.  I am so close to being live it ain't funny.  Just a few things to tweak and an aether to fix...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline lightsoncallaway

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, »
Congrats Captain!  Our little bundle of joy just turned 5 months old on the 8th.  It's a whole new world for you now...

Offline tbone321

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, »
Deadline!?!?!?!?  You mean we are suppose to have it up already????  Congrats Captian. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Depends on the date my wife sets

In my case, I had a 'little' (5 lbs, 5 ozs, 18 inches) influence on my date (11AM today) as well for my first year's attempt at a show.  ;D   And this is why I'm not bummed out about having virtually no sequencing done and 90% of the mega tree in the garage instead of the yard.

So, do I win the award for the best excuse for not being done? :)  Or at least the cutest one?

wow congrats!!

if you can get your megatree out, even if you just lay it out on the grass, i will make sequences for you.

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, »
Congrats!

A car seat carrier is the bomb when they are that young to 2ish and they are a little sleepy and you have to watch them.  They can nap, you can pack them around with you to get things done and keep an eye on them.  Never wanted to be way out in the garage or outside too far when they were that little without knowing what was going on.  Mine were before good long range monitors and cameras so you might be able to go that route!

Offline tjbrickner

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, »
Congrats Captain!
Afraid of heights and I'm still always on the roof...

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, »
Thanks guys, sorry to steal the thread.  This is our third so I know what I'm in for.  :)   I do have a sequence running in the yard, its just not set to music.  Nutcracker made me look like a veteran in just an hour of work one night after I assembled the tree, I just need to try to fix some of this technicolor junk and re-waterproof and I can set it back out.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, »
Them there kids grow up quick and for some reason they don't want to help anymore.  Enjoy the help while you can.

As for the lights and deadlines it's unfortunate.  We all start this as a hobby and it very quickly becomes a stress filled show. 

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013, »
Congrats and the beautiful addition to the family!   Best excuse ever!

This year was by far my latest and most stressful, but just knowing what it means to others is what motivates me.  It means a lot to my kids and people around here who have made it a tradition.

To me personally it was about working with my Dad and the time we spent together.

I also got to work with my oldest daughter and she showed me she doesn't give up and won't let me either.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, »

To me personally it was about working with my Dad and the time we spent together.

Ditto
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, »
My threads in the porch area never stay on topic. Its ok.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, »
 <la..

It has not stopped raining for even 5 minutes over the last 24 hours and it isn't suppose to stop anytime soon...  Looks like I am getting shutout from tweaking the last of my setup this weekend.  <fp.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2013, »
It will be nice here until Sunday evening.  75 degrees today and warmer tomorrow and then it's over.  Rain sunday night and most of Monday.  Christmas day should be sunny and cool.  As long as it doesn't rain.  It's not easy to fry the turkey when it's raining and I have been very lucky for the past fe years with that.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2013, »
My threads in the porch area never stay on topic. Its ok.

That seems to be more the rule more than the exception for most threads here on the porch.