Author Topic: Question for RJ and the Admins  (Read 1092 times)

Offline LondoB5

Question for RJ and the Admins
« on: February 12, 2011, »
Hey guys,

I've participated in all of the current Co-ops and first want to thank you all for doing them, I know it takes lots of your time.

One question though:

Is it possible for you to list the co-ops that will be happening over the next 6 months or so?

I want to make sure that I don't go all-out on one co-op only to have another co-op a few weeks later and I wind up maxing out my credit cards.
In other words, for bugeting purposes a list would be helpful....if you have one. If not, then no big deal, but a list would be helpful.
Also, if you do have some sort of list, could you post it in a prominent place, like as its own category in the co-op section or something?

Thanks!

And again, thanks for all the work you do to make the co-ops happen!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Question for RJ and the Admins
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, »
We do not know what coops will happen in the next 6 months.

It is driven by the users and the coop managers.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline inzeos

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, »
The co-op's are run by experienced members of the forums who commit a lot of time and effort into producing great DIY kits.  The more experienced co-op managers tend to run the larger co-op's and can only do so, so often.  I think most years and RJ or others on the site can correct me if I'm wrong usually have at least one co-op run for the different products that RJ has engineered.

Usually the co-op's tend to run at the beginning of the year so that co-op managers have time to quote, order, sort and ship out the kits.  Once you get your kits you get to build them, yay!

Maybe it might make sense to run a poll or a thread for users interest in certain co-ops being run?  That way if there are experienced members ready and willing to run a co-op they can judge by actual user feedback?

Food for thought!

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, »
The coops seem to be driven by our needs (or wants) and then someone stepping forward to be a coop manager...

What we should do is start a topic of wants and everyone post what equipment they're really looking for. and then from there, if might give a future coop manager an idea of what needs, or how much of a need there is.

I'm not saying that i'd be a manager, (i dont even think i can be one yet) but for sake of arguement, say i can for now...   I would have no idea that members wanted a (splitter, for example) unless enough people spoke up that they'd want one.

I'll go start a thread  : )   i'll place it in the Porch for now, until someone can think of a better place. (i dont want to start messing up the coop areas)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, »
I put up a poll in the Porch.  May be easier than trying to track this in several threads.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Alan T
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, by D56VillageNut »

Offline LondoB5

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, »
To everyone who replied:

Thanks!

Some of the info I alredy knew, however I didn't know that they were user-driven.

Thanks for setting up a poll!

We should probaby close this thread to avoid confusion.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!
While I hate to speak for others, in this case I can probably say that we all appreciate everything you do for the DLA community.