Author Topic: Coroplast, back, and through illumination?  (Read 5789 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: Coroplast, back, and through illumination?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, »
I have seen these with just the backlighting and they look great.  I don't know why you would want to add RGB LED's to the outside of it but you will be creating a hell of a lot of work for yourself doing that.  Four wires between each LED are going to be time consuming to connect along with the fun of keeping them and the LED's leads insulated from each other due to condensation.  Then you need to keep all of those wires and resistors against the edges of the star so that they don't cause shadows when the backlights are on.  Are these going to be configured in dumb string or pixel mode (even more fun).  I guess that what I'm saying is to think about it and make sure that the effect you are shooting for is worth this much work.  If you decide to go for it, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Coroplast, back, and through illumination?
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, »
i guess i could plan my object to have a little bit of a border to them (maybe 1/2") and then spray the edges with black spray paint to sorta mark the edges where the leds will be.then the star might be more "defined" and then still give it that pizazz, lol. for now, i'm thinking of using 5mm rgb leds like i'm using for my wireframe converts. it would be similar with clear silicone used to seal the electronics from moisture and to secure it place.

yes, it's white coro.  I never saw natural. it that like a tan or something?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!