Author Topic: LED lights Opinions Please  (Read 818 times)

Offline travailen

LED lights Opinions Please
« on: December 23, 2010, »
I will be shopping the after Christmas sales for LED lights.  I have been buying one string from everybody to see what to buy when they go in sale. I can see they are not all the same. I would prefer all my colors to match. Garden Ridge Pottery LEDs are not good and some other off brands are also weak. The GE stuff seeme to be the brightest. As I prepare for the sprint to the stores after Christmas I would prefer not to waste time. I would be interested to know which brands of store bought LED lights you prefer.

Thanks,

Rick S

Offline meman

Re: LED lights Opinions Please
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, »
Rick, I think you're going to be in for a shock. This has been an incredible year for retailers, and for the first time since I started buying LEDs 4 years ago, there have been no markdowns to speak of (except for the Lowes GE $.33 coupon..an obvious oversight that we all took advantage of).
In my area, Christmas is pretty much over. The shelves are already bare; everything sold at full retail.
I'll definitely do some last rounds after Christmas just in case, but I'd plan on getting into the CDI pre-sale or something like that if you need a lot of LEDs.

Mike E.
Holiday, FL

Offline travailen

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, »
Thanks Mike. I know this is not a good year for after christmas bargins for lights but there is still some stuff out there and I have friends and family scouting out their areas of the country. That is why I am looking for opinions so that no time or money is wasted.

Y'all have a Merry Christmas,

Rick S

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I will be shopping the after Christmas sales for LED lights.  I have been buying one string from everybody to see what to buy when they go in sale. I can see they are not all the same. I would prefer all my colors to match. Garden Ridge Pottery LEDs are not good and some other off brands are also weak. The GE stuff seeme to be the brightest. As I prepare for the sprint to the stores after Christmas I would prefer not to waste time. I would be interested to know which brands of store bought LED lights you prefer.

Thanks,

Rick S

LNT is your friend  ;D