Author Topic: NEC HT410  (Read 510 times)

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
NEC HT410
« on: October 19, 2013, »
Whe here is using projection in their displays?

Anyone familiar with the NEC HT410?

I'm looking at adding window or pumpkin/watermelon projections to future displays.

Whats the best lumen count?
Whats a possible expensive projector?
What software is the easiset to work with?
Any advice on this area/products to look at would be great.

MH
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline caretaker

Re: NEC HT410
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, »
As far as projectors go the more lumens the better. The NEC HT410 is about 1000 lumen's many projectors are in the 2000 to 3000 range. Does this mean the NEC HT410 would not work for you? Well if you had it projecting on a sheet hung up in a window of your house (back projection) and there were no lights on out side near the window it would work but still could look dim. A couple of things to look at with a projector are output VGA = 800x600 (4x3), XVGA = 1280x720 (4x3) or HD 1280x800 (16x9) and lumen's. Next is the cost of the bulb for the projector (this is very true if your buying a used one). Finally where you are going to use it, if it will be in a dark area then hi lumen count is not a high priority, but if your trying to project images on the front of your house then 2000 to 3000 lumen's are a must. Finally software so far the easiest to use with a projector is Light Show Pro but I am sure there is other options being developed as I type.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login