Author Topic: New Nodes for Smart Strings?  (Read 5088 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
New Nodes for Smart Strings?
« on: June 24, 2011, »
I have samples of new nodes coming that are suppost to be 100% watertight.  I will post pics and my impressions of them when they get here.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline kjam22

Re: New Nodes for Smart Strings?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, »
Are these coming from Ray or is this from another source? 

I was getting ready to order some nodes but I want to wait and see what you come up with.

Thanks for all you do!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, »
Give me a few days to get them and see before you order. Might be not worth anything but might be great!

RJ

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, »
My timing sucks.
I just ordered more nodes 4 days ago.
I wonder if it is too late to cancel the order.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, »
I just got an order in last week from Ray and they were better filled where the wires come out than my original order and I got excited. But upon testing I had more problemw with the nodes themselves. On my original order back when you could first order them, I only had about 3 nodes that the colors were a little off where you could only tell on white or one of the yellow or fusia type colors. This was 3 nodes on 800 node order. This time on a 300 node order each string had 1 or 2 bad nodes that either caaused the rest of the string to not light or to stay on and such. If you pulled a little on the wires they would sometimes pop right out of the node. Ray rushed me out replacements right away.

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, »
Keep us posted on this.  I am putting together my order for Ray, but will hold off until I hear what you have to report about these. Thanks.

-Mike

Offline tallan

• Christmas with the Allans
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, »
I too am ready to order as well and will be waiting as well  ;)

Offline pugs1501

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, »
Will the new nodes be any cheaper to buy or ship, would they also be coming from china.

Adam

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Give me a few days to get them and see before you order. Might be not worth anything but might be great!

RJ

RJ,

Anything to report on these new nodes?  Still holding off on a purchase hoping you might have some new options.

-Mike

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, »
I have just returned from being away. I do have shipments so I likely have them. I will be looking at what I received this weekend once I am free of work.

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, »
RJ,

Do you think you might have anything to report this weekend?  I'm holding off on my smart strings purchase while waiting to hear if there is anything to these new strings. Thanks.

-Mike

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
RJ,

Do you think you might have anything to report this weekend?  I'm holding off on my smart strings purchase while waiting to hear if there is anything to these new strings. Thanks.

-Mike

I received them and they look good. They appear to maybe have added some kind of epoxy on the end of the pcb before they molded them. It then hardens into a flat hard end with the wire glued into it. I like it but the lights would not work. I started on the Ray tester and they did not work so I tried an SSC with no change.  I had a hard time understanding but I think they were for me to look at the assembly technic to get my opinion before they made any SS string like them. I was told they would send me some working ones as soon as the first batch came out to test functionaility.

So I have been in hold waiting to see them arrive. No word at this point sorry! I will shoot them another email to see the status. I can not recommend this route yet as I have not seen any thing work yet.

RJ

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, »
OK, no worries. Just keep us posted if you hear anything new.  I'll have to decide if I want to hold off a little longer or go ahead and order from Ray's current inventory.

-Mike

Offline sean815

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, »
Im looking to purchase some RayWu nodes this week or next.
RJ, Im Curious if you tested these newer nodes. And if so how would i reference them to purchase them. Thanks

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, »
Sorry,

I missed this post and stumbled on it.

I have tested some he sent me with the epoxied ends and they worked fine. not sure how to tell you to get them other than talk to him.

RJ