Author Topic: Video help  (Read 599 times)

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
Video help
« on: December 24, 2012, »
Here's the situation.  Need help with finding the right camera.  My front yard is too big to video everything at once.  I can't get far enough back to do it because the neighbors across the street won't let me on their roof....haha.

What's a good camera to have on hand for wide lens, video camera.  Not extremely expensive.  Anyone in AZ that's great with video reading this?  I'll pay to have you do it this year....
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline MrChristmas2000

Re: Video help
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, »
I have the same problem. Most video cameras do not have a wide enough zoom to get the whole yard in the video.

It wasn't a cheap solution at the time but I bought a Sony Handycam HDR-XR500. It can accept a screw on wide angle lens which allows me to get the whole yard in the video.

The price of the camera may have come down from when I purchased it and probably even has more capability, although can't think of anything else other that more Megapixels.

It also has an external audio input jack that I hook a small FM radio to so that there is no ambient noise for cars or people.

Hope that helps.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, »
Another option is what a lot of the more professional videos of lights show (ie: Holdman, Gordon lights. etc.) and that is video tape the song multiple times from different angles then use that footage to put together one shot later in your editing software. 
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, »
I do that as well. It is definitely a cheaper idea and most people wouldn't know the difference.