Author Topic: Videos of 2013 show  (Read 702 times)

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
Videos of 2013 show
« on: December 19, 2013, »
I finally borrowed a camera so I could do some videos of my show. I though I would share them.

Here is the link to the videos:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here are some pictures of my smart string nodes and flex strips under 8 inches of snow and still working fine. I was surprised how well you could see the lights on the roof under the snow.

Rick Perry
Columbus, IN

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
Re: Videos of 2013 show
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, »
I like how CLEAN it is. Good sequencing and love the roof stars. Nicely done.
Sebastian from California

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, »
I like your spinners!  I may have to make something like that!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, »
Great show. Your lines on the house, around the windows and garage look fantastic. How did you attach the lights around the windows and garage to the house? The spinner over the garage so very cool too. Might have to steal that idea. How did you set it up and attach it to the house?  Did you use nutcracker to sequence it?

Sorry for all the questions. Great job!

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, »
Great show. Your lines on the house, around the windows and garage look fantastic. How did you attach the lights around the windows and garage to the house? The spinner over the garage so very cool too. Might have to steal that idea. How did you set it up and attach it to the house?  Did you use nutcracker to sequence it?

For the lights around the garage door and windows, I made wooden frames. I attached plastic zip tie clips to the frame with screws and zip tied the nodes to the clips. I screwed the frames into the trim around the garage. On the windows the frame sits on the brick ledge at the bottom of the window and is secured at the top with bungee cord.

For the lights on the roof line, I used plastic corner guard from Lowes and drilled holes every 2 inches to put the nodes through. Then, I used shingle/gutter clips to attach them to the roof.

On the spinner, I tied a rope to the top of it and attached it to a hook screwed into the wood trim under the eave. To keep it from moving around, I used siding clips and wire tied the side arms to them.

I used Vixen 2.1 for all of the sequencing. I did a couple of effects in "When Christmas Comes to Town" with Nutcracker and exported them into Vixen. I use XLights to run the show.

Here are some pictures:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, by rmp2917 »

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, »
Nice write up. You put some serious effort into your setup and it definitely shows.

Offline arw01

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, »
pretty ingenious there with the mounts.  That's corner guard like for a drywall edge?

Alan

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, »
pretty ingenious there with the mounts.  That's corner guard like for a drywall edge?

Alan

Yes, It is this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, by rmp2917 »