Author Topic: Using C9s on my house eves  (Read 954 times)

Offline travailen

Using C9s on my house eves
« on: December 04, 2010, »
Two years ago I bought 80 strings of C9s at Hobby Lobby for 90% off. I have a large yard and wanted some candle power on my eves. Last year I tried stringing a red/green/blue combination on my eves. I have 130 linier feet of eves across the front of my house. It did not take long for me to see that I was in over my head.  I needed a way to get the lights up in an organized operation. I finally figured a solution and tried it ths year. It works great. I cliped the C9s to gutter screens and hung the assemblies using my favorite hangers. Four strings of 25 count C9s (red/green/blue/clear) fits on three 3 Foot gutter screens with a few left over.  Attached are some pictures. The first picture shows a partially completed and a fully completed assembly. The second picture shows one blank panel and a populated panel above it. The third picture shows a closup of the socket spacing. I had to alternate the bulb height to get everything to fit. The last picture shows the eve clips. The clip in the foreground is for clipping to the gutter. The clip in the background is for sliding between the eve and the roof shingles.
I have everything up now and when they are all blinking it looks great.  So you might ask, where do you find enough juice to light up 1400 C9s at one time. Well, Two normal 20 Amp outlets and a patch cord to access the two 30 amp circuits that are normally used for drying cloths.
You may notice in the pictures that there are no clear bulbs. That is because the 500 clear bulbs I had ordered had not arrived yet and I was using other colors as place holders.  Video in about a week              Rick S

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Using C9s on my house eves
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, »
Very nice way to handle it!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, »
That looks like a lot of work!  I bet they look awesome on the house though!

Kyle
Excess is Success
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline magic8192

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, »
A lot of work this year, but probably a lot easier next year.  I like it.

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, »
Gawd I love those C9's!  Alas... I had to leave them all behind when I moved.  Great organization solution Rick.  Word to the wise... just watch your amps.
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester