Author Topic: Video editing software  (Read 744 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Video editing software
« on: December 21, 2010, »
I see some people just take one video of the show far enough back where the whole show can be seen.

Others take multiple videos and splice different views using one continuous audio file.  I want to do this with a few sequences in my show.

Besides windows movie maker, it there another one you guys use?  I would like to to find something cheap and easy to use.  I want to have one audio and bring in different views of the show  without spending a hundred dollars on software.  It would be neat if they had a video program that would work as good for video as audio audacity (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) is for audio. I tried playing around with movie maker but have not had much luck getting it to do what I want.

Thanks

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Video editing software
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, »
On windows you can download Adobe Premiere Elements trial and give that a try its on sale online for $60
On mac you can't go wrong with iMovie 2011

Last year I used Premiere Pro but I get a educational discount otherwise its too expensive. This year I got a macbook pro 15 and loving iMove with the iLife 11 upgrade.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, »
I use Sony Vegas.  Not the easiest to use but was far more stable than Pinnacle Studio 11 I was using at the time.  Hopefully others will chime in as I know there are plenty of options out there now.

Here is a list of a bunch of them.

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, »
One that I tripped over is from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.   price is quite reasonable and it does a decent job.   

May not be as robust as others, but the price is definitely in the right ballpark.   

Larry.
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012