Author Topic: USB Dongle pic....  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Kappa2006

USB Dongle pic....
« on: October 05, 2012, »
Does anybody have an extra pic for a USB dongle that has pixelnet firmware on it that I could borrow for testing?  Im having problems with lsp and my USB dongle with dmx firmware, and think it might be a comparability issue....I'm supposed to be starting my Halloween show tomorrow....not looking too good right now.  Thanks everyone.

Brian
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights

Offline mokeefe

Re: USB Dongle pic....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, »
You could try downloading Vixen or xLights to test the hardware you already have.  That might tell you if there is an issue specifically with LSP which would eliminate the PIC as an issue.  Both Vixen and xLights have "test" areas where you can turn on/off channels without needing to build a sequence.

-Mike

Offline Kappa2006

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, »
I have vixen and its working properly.  I was thinking maybe there was an issue with the dmx firmware on the usb dongle and the lsp v2.5.  If I create a sequence on vixen, it works perfectly.  Now with the same set up, I make a similar sequence with lsp (basic version), set up the controller as usb pro, start channel at 1, and test the hardware, I get nothing.  If i try running the sequence with the output button enabled, nothing.  Ive posted in the lsp forums and the lsp software forum on this site, but havent figured it out yet...
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, »
In LSP right click on one of your controllers and select "Configure Output Plugin" and make sure the output plugin is set to the correct COM port.  (this requires that you have your LYNX USB dongle plugged in before starting LSP)
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Kappa2006

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, »
I did configure the output plugin.  I had my dongle plugged in, and assigned to COM3, and still no luck.  I'm out of ideas.  Only thing I can think of is trying to flash my pic with pixelnet firmware and trying that out. 

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, »
I did configure the output plugin.  I had my dongle plugged in, and assigned to COM3, and still no luck.  I'm out of ideas.  Only thing I can think of is trying to flash my pic with pixelnet firmware and trying that out.

I can tell you right now that it's not the dongle.  Vixen has no magic capability to work with a defective dongle or corrupt firmware.  Unless you have pixelnet devices connected to the dongle, flashing it with the Pixelnet firmware will not help.  In fact, flashing it with Pixelnet firmware will preven it from controlling any DMX devices and if that's all that you are using right now, then it won't work with ANY sequencing software.  The issue is in LSP.  Perhaps you might want to post a few images of your LSP setup screens.  Also, make sure that you don't have Vixen running at the same time as LSP.  These com ports are NOT shared and if Vixen is running in the background, LSP will not be able to control the port.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline urthegman

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, »

I can tell you right now that it's not the dongle.  Vixen has no magic capability to work with a defective dongle or corrupt firmware.  Unless you have pixelnet devices connected to the dongle, flashing it with the Pixelnet firmware will not help.  In fact, flashing it with Pixelnet firmware will preven it from controlling any DMX devices and if that's all that you are using right now, then it won't work with ANY sequencing software.  The issue is in LSP.  Perhaps you might want to post a few images of your LSP setup screens.  Also, make sure that you don't have Vixen running at the same time as LSP.  These com ports are NOT shared and if Vixen is running in the background, LSP will not be able to control the port.
'
I fully agree, It is an LSP bug for that protocol. I couldn't even get an Aether II to work in LSP with a DMX flashed dongle.