Author Topic: It is a great Day!!!  (Read 706 times)

Offline KrisFulford

• My website
It is a great Day!!!
« on: November 25, 2014, »
I am pretty excited today. I bought my Express kit several years ago but never put it together. After Halloween I found some motivation and got to work. I bought a Usb Dongle kit and put that together to get started and get my head around soldering electronics. After I had the Dongle together it was time to get to work on the Express. I got it all together fairly easy but ran into a few road blocks in getting it up and running.

After some help here I figured out that I needed to reflash my pic on my Express. I did that but I still could not get my dongle to work right. I guessed at this point that my Dongle Pic was not programmed so I ran and picked up a Breadboard and worked to flash the chip.

That leads me to last night where i had everything completed but I could not get a Data Link light to save my life. I checked everything multiple times with multiple cases, then after hours of beating my head I realized I had the Wireless Jumper incorrect. I now feel like I have come through a right of passage after that.  <fp.

Anyway I did a little testing in Vixen 3 last night and everything is working and I am feeling super pumped!!!

We are having a office decorating contest for Christmas at work this year. I am know as the Christmas guy around here so I think I am going to sequence a song or two and setup a display here to get my feet wet this year. (And to win the contest!!) This has been a great learning process over the last month and I am having a blast.

So Thank you all for this site and all your shared knowledge that I have been using as a resource to learn all this stuff!!!   <res.

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Re: It is a great Day!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, »
That is great news that you have things working  :)  but watch out - soon 1 express won't be enough lol

Great job

Joe

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, »
 <la..      SOON? I'm sure it's already not enough. once he sees the first song go blinky, it's usually all over with! lol

glad you got it working. good luck and have fun!
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline KrisFulford

• My website
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, »
Oh yea, I came into it knowing that I would need many more to do it up like I know I would like to.  >.d9

Too bad the ol Financial Adviser is pretty tight and I have to find ways to make an excuse to buy more.  <md..  :o

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, »
Congrats on getting them built and working  <res. <res. <res.

Not to be a downer but, lets pretend you didn't say decorating for an office (I know you met your house and showing pictures / video at your office). Since the agreement for Lynx hardware is for basically home use only.

Welcome to the crazy, addiction of Light Animation.
Give and take normally works with the CFO. She wants a new {fill in the blank} and gets it. Bank that for a new Express  ;D
Also once everyone sees your house lit and during the blinky dance. The purse strings get slightly looser.
Good Luck

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline KrisFulford

• My website
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, »
No not for an office, for my specific office, As in the room I sit in to do my work. This is still personal decoration not a commercial display.  :D

Yea that is what I am hoping for, getting the kids to help me in persuading for more funds for more decorations. I figure if I can add a controller and lights to go with it each year, I could have a pretty good display going in a few years.