Author Topic: Thinking of Jumping in 2015  (Read 520 times)

Offline mmais68569

Thinking of Jumping in 2015
« on: December 05, 2014, »
I have been running my show for 3 years now using a mix of LOR & Lynex & need to make a change for 2015.

Thinking of adding Pixles to the show but there are so many things needed I am total lost. I know I need an LYNX EtherDongle,& SSC for each string of Pixels but that is where I get lost. Could someone please list in order what is needed. Example:
computer, Ethernet cable, LYNX EtherDongle, cat5 cable?? then SSC, pixels

I know a lot of things are missing. What I am thinking of adding is this:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks for the help.
 Mike

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Re: Thinking of Jumping in 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, »
If you thinking of doing that package you won't need any of the ETD/SSC/Hubs that has all you need.  Only thing you'll need is cat5 from your computer to the controller.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Thinking of Jumping in 2015
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, »
It is a big change to go from AC controlled channels to DC power and individual pixel control.  A good way to start would be to get an etherdongle and an active hub.  With the etherdongle in pixelnet mode and an active hub you can still get the DMX signal you need for your existing equipment you can then buy a Zeus or some SSCs and a couple hundred pixels to play with and learn from.  With no knowledge of pixels today you need to do a lot of reading before jumping in with both feet.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA