Author Topic: programing LSP  (Read 1871 times)

Offline ronniek

programing LSP
« on: December 21, 2011, »
I get so mad when i go to proproam and it does not stop at the row i want it to and goes past. Why does it do that. it does that at other times also. Some times i'm really sorry I bought your progarm and i got the advanced one for more channels so i paid way to much for it. Vixen was  so much better but it is different and i knew that before and i tried but could not learn the different thinking so far.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: programing LSP
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, »
Don't you feel that posting this at the LSP site would be better? It seems it might reach the right people or at least faster. I am sorry you are having issues, I know all of the software people are trying so hard to get the software to keep up with the hardware but it is a tall order.

Hope you get it all resolved.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, »
Ronniek..   Could  you be more specific? As a user like you are  I would be glad to help but have no idea what you mean? 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline dmoore

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, »
I can understand being upset but to be able to help out it would be useful to have more details.  Could you go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and record what your problem is so we can see and work to resolve your issue?

David

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, »
From the brief description it seems similar to a frustration I've experienced. 

Trying to select channels that stretch off the screen, I want the channels in view to scroll down (or in other cases up) in order to see additional channels.  It is at that point that the channels continue to scroll upward and off the screen so that the row I want to select at the end of my list of rows is no longer on the screen.  Bring it the other direction to bring it back i view and it continues off in the other direction.  After a dozen attempts I can sometimes get it.

I expect that it is due to the high channel count. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, »
Just let David @ LSP know and he'll put it on his list.  It really helps if you can provide him YOUR sequence so that he has a test sequence to use ... and as Dmoore said ... a video showing how to reproduce is key.

Vixen, while amazing and free ... really isn't really much of an RGB option as LSP 2.0 is.  Even using LOR S3 ... it takes me forever to save and do certain things ... with just a single 4096 pixelnet universe.  I find that LOR S3 + xlights is the best option for me this year, but man I wish LOR could do what LSP can ... it can't.

The software is still catching up to the technology, IMHO ... so regardless of what software your using ... a big dose of patience and tolerance is required.

My heart goes out to you, as I've been suffering with LSP also ... but I feel that LSP is the closest to where we need to be in the future, so its success is critical to all of us.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, »
I think I saw that a fix for that is in beta being tested.

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, »
I think I saw that a fix for that is in beta being tested.

If you are referring to the scrolling issue that has been reported there is no beta at this point. I think David may have coded it but there is nothing in our hands at this point nor do I expect any until after the first of the year.

The original post had no details so it is difficult to say if that is the issue.
Thanks
Mike

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, »
From the brief description it seems similar to a frustration I've experienced. 

Trying to select channels that stretch off the screen, I want the channels in view to scroll down (or in other cases up) in order to see additional channels.  It is at that point that the channels continue to scroll upward and off the screen so that the row I want to select at the end of my list of rows is no longer on the screen.  Bring it the other direction to bring it back i view and it continues off in the other direction.  After a dozen attempts I can sometimes get it.

I expect that it is due to the high channel count.
I've had similar problems and really wish he could add being able to use Shift or Ctrl to select cells so you could click where you want to start selecting, then move the sliders to get to the end and select again.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, »
Hi,

I would think that posting this on the LSP forum as a suggestion will get more attention then it will here. You can even use the report an issue feature in the sequencer to make the suggestion.

Just a thought.......
Thanks
Mike

Offline djohnson

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, »
this issue was resolved and is being tested internally.