Hardware > Panther DMX Player

Everyone please report you build status here for everyone

(1/8) > >>

TexasStingray:
Everyone, While you may have reported back to me your build status, please post here for everyone how you feel your build went.

Thanks
Scott Wanner

sabie:
build went well except for solder bridge i had to remove on sd card board
i did install the red led backwards initially due to no flat side on it
but board was well designed and easily built in about 30 minutes
will be testing over weekend

Ron:
Got mine built and running.  Build was very easy and straightforward.  I would prefer the resistor values on the solder mask if possible, but that is just nit picking.  The board works great.  I've got a new show downloaded to it and running.  I'll post a sample video later.

Nice job Scott.

Ron

wwwgator:
My 10yr old built it, programming it tonight, loading a 92CH star sequence and will test when I get home in the morning. So far, so good....

wjgiles50:
I had no problems with the build.  Assembly document is very clear but I did notice that there is no Step 2.  I put the processor chip in backwards the first time so it took me a minute to make it work.  After that I missed the instruction on making the file names 8.3 (alright I am not the good at following directions).  After all of those things the device appears to run without problems.  I attached two Lynx and ran three 32 channel seqs on it for about 3 hours yesterday.  I am running the device on 12v.  The heatsink gets a few degrees above ambient temp but that's all.  Today I want to try and run a 16ch sequence on Vixen to one Lynx and the same one on the Panther to another and see how they look side by side.  I will make a video if possible.  I also want to test with MR16's.  As soon as I test with the MR16 I will plug it into my car and test it there.

I think this is a real winner.  The application for flashy standalone display items is endless. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version