Hardware > Panther DMX Player

Firmware

(1/7) > >>

TexasStingray:
Version B2 of the Panther DMX Player is now available. Freatures include the use of a control file "CONTROL.TXT". The control file is a comma delimited file.
Meanings & Values of the Control file are as follows:

StartupDelay, values are in milliseconds. Acceptable value are from 0 to 4294967295. 1 second would be 1000, 10 seconds would be 10000, and so on.
RepeatCnt, value is the number of time to actually run thru the show. Acceptable values are from 0 (infinite) to 4294967295.
RepeatDelay, values are in milliseconds. Acceptable value are from 0 to 4294967295. 1 second would be 1000, 10 seconds would be 10000, and so on.
SequenceDelay, values are in milliseconds. This is the time to wait before playing the next sequence. Acceptable value are from 0 to 4294967295. 1 second would be 1000, 10 seconds would be 10000, and so on.

example of CONTROL.TXT for 10 second startup delay, repeat count of 3, repeat delay of 1 minute, and a sequence delay of 5 seconds would look like this;

Show File "SHOW.TXT" Reserved Word Usage:
   Reserverd Words & Meanings

--STOP--, When the Panther DMX Player reaches this word in the show file the the show will stop playing.

NOTES: During any delays or stops the DMX Signal will stop being sent. What that means is that on equipment that has a DMX Signal indicator like the Lynx Express the indicator (LED) will not show a signal being received.

Download Links for firmware

Panther DMX Player B2: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Panther DMX Player B1: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I used an USBASP programmer that I picked up off ebay to program program the reprogram the chip in a standalone configuration of a arduino. I sure that you can use an Arduino to upload the new sketch (hex) file, but I have not done that.

The command I used to program it was: avrdude -c usbasp -p m328p -u -U flash:w:PantherDMXPlayerB2.hex

In the next release of the Panther I will provide a ISP header.

wjgiles50:
Quick question.  "RepeatCnt"  if set to 1 will the sequence files be run one time and then the Panther will stop?  example 0,1,0,0, which would cause the player to run the sequences one time and stop?

TexasStingray:
YES, exactly

TexasStingray:
Burning the latest release of the Firmware with an arduino UNO i used the following command.

C:\arduino-1.0.2\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avrdude -CC:\arduino-1.0.2\hardware\tools\avr\etc\avrdude.conf -patmega328p -carduino -P\\.\COM5 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Temp\PantherDMXPlayerB2.hex:i

You'll have to substitute your values for; arduino-1.0.2, COM5, and C:\Temp.

wjgiles50:
Has anyone loaded the new firmware yet?  I seem to be hitting a wall with my computer. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version