Author Topic: smart string nodes not covered?  (Read 4177 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: smart string nodes not covered?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It's out there.  Maybe Ray can do it cheaper?  Last time I looked into it the cost was outrageous. 

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rm357

smart string nodes not covered?
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, »
I have some of the 4 led square nodes. They work fine, but are not the same color. At full on they are redder than the others.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, »

It's out there.  Maybe Ray can do it cheaper?  Last time I looked into it the cost was outrageous.

Cool, but that looked like "dumb" RGB, not smart string.
Blinky Blinky Lights!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, »

Cool, but that looked like "dumb" RGB, not smart string.

Yeah good point. Most if not all of the led neon is dumb.

When I mean expensive think $30-40 a foot! 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline zwiller

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, »
I have some of the 4 led square nodes. They work fine, but are not the same color. At full on they are redder than the others.

Do you think the 4 led module is bad enough to pass on em?  I don't care for the rectangular modules for a similar reason.  Their white is way too "cool"/blue to me.  That said, maybe some white correction in lsp would fix.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, by zwiller »

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
smart string nodes not covered?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, »
I was going to put the 4 led squares inside a couple coroflakes.   The diffused color should be fine.   I mean, none of these ss rgb lights match my incandescent minis, but the red and green r fairly close.   The fade characteristics r a lot different and not discussed much.   Incan. Seems to be nearly perfect on fades.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline zwiller

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, »
I was going to put the 4 led squares inside a couple coroflakes.   The diffused color should be fine.   I mean, none of these ss rgb lights match my incandescent minis, but the red and green r fairly close.   The fade characteristics r a lot different and not discussed much.   Incan. Seems to be nearly perfect on fades.

Thought I was the only one who thought SS didn't fade that well.  I keep telling myself that it won't matter in context of a show but not really sure.  Maybe something can be done about it, since as you said, no one talks about it...  Wonder if its on the hardware or software side?

Offline FireMedic4Christ

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, »
I would like to see some different covers available other than the C9. I love the flexibility the nodes add to my display, but I also want something a little more traditional looking. A choice of covers also allows one to add some depth and character to your display. C9 on the roof, C7 in the trees and strawberry on the shrubs. I would likely use C7 and the round strawberry covers if I found some that would fit over the SS nodes.

I also think a net style light would be great for shrubs. In object oriented programming software, this would make sweeping fades easy to do.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, »
so with a smart net, you'd like to see a large gap matrix?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline FireMedic4Christ

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, »
so with a smart net, you'd like to see a large gap matrix?

That's what I was thinking. Nothing for video, just nodes on a 6 x 6 or so matrix.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, »
I think its likely the same issue that you run into with fading with LED(s) when used on a LE ... except they have put in the lighting curves capability into the LE for them ... but for SS ... I'm wondering if a similar SS capability makes sense?  For example, I have some sequencing which does fades between 50% and 0% and even 30 and 0% ... and most of these fades are essentially non-existent using SS ... but quite effective using say C9(s) or incan. minis.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline FireMedic4Christ

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, »
I think its likely the same issue that you run into with fading with LED(s) when used on a LE ... except they have put in the lighting curves capability into the LE for them ... but for SS ... I'm wondering if a similar SS capability makes sense?  For example, I have some sequencing which does fades between 50% and 0% and even 30 and 0% ... and most of these fades are essentially non-existent using SS ... but quite effective using say C9(s) or incan. minis.

I did say sweeping fades, but more correctly meant fading the pixels from one color to the next, not fades in intensity.

I think it was LSP that would once the nodes are all addressed allows you to use preprogramed fades such as from the center out, left to right, corner to corner.

Brian
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, by FireMedic4Christ »