Author Topic: Need Pic Programmer  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
Need Pic Programmer
« on: March 07, 2010, »
Looking for someone to program my pic chip. Please PM me with details! Im Located in Pennsylvania.

Thank You!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, by Trevor »
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: Need Pic Programmer
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, »
You can find some helpful info here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

PM one or a couple near you and you should be in business.

Leon
Leon

Offline Slinkard

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, »
is there a place to go to get the actual wiki on how to program the PIC? I have a PICkit2 and am ready to start reading on how to program it. should have my dongle pic's early next week.

Thanks again...

Slink

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, »
Slink,
Here is a video done by Bill You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is also a pdf that you can read - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline Slinkard

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, »
Slink,
Here is a video done by Bill You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is also a pdf that you can read - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

John

I might be over thinking this (I currently am just reading and watching video as I am waiting for all my parts to arrive). I watched the video read through the pdf seems pretty str8 forward. however (and again I have not installed the software for the pic) they make reference to the Algorithm or the code that need to be wrote to the PIC. I have not seen a link for that code.

Am I over thinking it and it is part of the software package? I am thinking that it needs to be very specific for both the LE boards and the Dongle. I will be creating the dongle first here prolly next week.

Sorry for all the question and the obvious thread jack  :-\

Slink

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, »
Slink,

John

I might be over thinking this (I currently am just reading and watching video as I am waiting for all my parts to arrive). I watched the video read through the pdf seems pretty str8 forward. however (and again I have not installed the software for the pic) they make reference to the Algorithm or the code that need to be wrote to the PIC. I have not seen a link for that code.

Am I over thinking it and it is part of the software package? I am thinking that it needs to be very specific for both the LE boards and the Dongle. I will be creating the dongle first here prolly next week.

Sorry for all the question and the obvious thread jack  :-\

Slink

Slink follow that link at the top to the Wiki. From there select link to Equipment page on left. Next to each equipment you'll find links to the latest firmware.
You can thank rrowan for such a fabulous page   :)

Leon
Leon

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, »
And, the firmware files will end with a dot hex extension, save it(them) to a known file location.

Offline Slinkard

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, »
Got it. I know have code PICKit2 with the zifs - Parts are in from mouser - boxes are already here. looks like it's time to warm that solder iron up! Thankss again for answering all the noob questions.

10 bucks I break the first one! good thing I am starting in MARCH!!!

Offline jsalz

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, »
i am in nj but i go on the motocycle to pa so i maybe able to (if you live near nj side)