Hardware > Lynx SSR4

Current BOM -- three parts EOL, no longer stocked

(1/5) > >>

dmaccole:
Folks:

The current BOM for the SSR4 w/DMX option at Mouser has three problematic items:

*The Littlefuse clips are end of life; I believe these are compatible replacements: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

*The 180-ohm resistors are now only sold as reels under that product number; I believe this is the number for onesies/foursies: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

*The RS-485 chip is EOL (I believe ST is getting out of the buffer/line-driver business, as all its products in that category are EOL); I have been using this alternate part in other, similar projects: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Could the Powers That Be please review my suggested replacements and, first, bless them (as I'd like to build the controller in the coming days), and then update the BOM with either my suggestions or (should I have made any mistakes) ones that are appropriate?

Thanks.

\dmc

PS: FWIW, the "Base SSR4" BOM has the same clip and resistor problems. The "DMX Option" looks to be the BOM for the v1 board, not the current V2 board (i.e.: it shows the obsolete Pulse transformer and has the obsolete capacitors) and additionally has the EOL ST RS-485 chip.

PPS: Just saw -- this is Post No. 666 for me. I was always a little devilish ;-) ...

dmaccole:
Bump

RJ:
I believe this should work. The fuse clip is the only thing I am not positive about until someone trys them.

RJ

dmaccole:
RJ:

Thanks. I'll order the BOM with those substitutes today.

I'll be buying the new clips but I have a stash of the old ones (I wonder why I bought spares?), so if the new new ones aren't right, I'll still be OK.

\dmc

PS: Happy Thanksgiving.

tbone321:
Please let us know the results and if the parts work, the BOM shoul be updated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version