Hardware > Lynx SSR4

SSR4 Enclosures

(1/3) > >>

Iced:
Hello again!

What are you guys using, if anything, for SSR4 enclosures besides the Keptel TA-200.  I'm wondering how creative you guys have been to cut down on costs even further and of course... if you have pictures, please share them!

--Iced

dmaccole:
Don't know that it's cheaper, but I prefer using the Sean Bowf concept of including standard electrical outlets in a standard Carlon electrical box:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

HTH.

\dmc

Iced:
Thanks dmaccole,  pretty cool.  I also took that route for a prototype but used a square steel electrical box.  I'll try and post a picture or two later tonight!

n1ist:
Just remember that the square steel and in-wall plastic boxes are not waterproof.  If you use a metal box, make sure the ground (green) wire on the incoming power cord is connected to the box for safety.
/mike

dmaccole:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginJust remember that the square steel and in-wall plastic boxes are not waterproof.
--- End quote ---

The link I posted is aimed a general audience and while I address the issue, it is but a sentence fragment at the end ... these boxes are mounted on stakes 18 inches off the ground and then covered in plastic garbage bags. In the first couple of seasons I opened them up periodically to see if there was any water incursion and found none. Of course, in the last couple of seasons, we haven't had rain in December, so it's been something of a moot point.

\dmc

PS: And, yes, the ground runs from the third prong all the way back to the outlet, which in every case is a GFCI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version