Hardware > Bobcat DMX Servo Controller

Quick Question

<< < (2/2)

mkozik1:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginis a chance there will be another coop in 2013 or should I look elsewhere for my servo controller needs.  :)

Mike

--- End quote ---

Mike, while I can only guess about another coop, I'd be pretty confident to say Yes.  I've worked with two other Servo boards and the Bobcat board has the best feature mix I've found. The control over range of motion and including LED control makes it great for Halloween or Christmas. I had an old display using servos for July 4th that had a dozen waving flags synced to the Star Spangled Banner. (not with the Bobcat, though, and it died mid operation)

--- End quote ---

Jon,

What software are you using?  I have used VSA with the SSC32 in the past. I bought the Bobcat and did some small stuff with Vixen but it seemed to take a good while.

- Mark

maffeirw:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginJon,
What software are you using?  I have used VSA with the SSC32 in the past. I bought the Bobcat and did some small stuff with Vixen but it seemed to take a good while.
- Mark

--- End quote ---

If your going to use Vixen for skull or any servo controlled animation give Chris's 3D Object Suite a try.  I switched from his earlier Skull Sequencer Software and they both work great for me.  You can use a mouse or joystick to move the jaw and all axes (plural of axis).  I found some externally available drivers that allow me to hook up the joystick from my PS3 and manipulate multiple directions at once (unfortunately I don't have Top Gun eye-hand coordination so I usually do 1 direction at a time)  :)

You can find it in this DIYC thread:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

JonB256:
I used LOR S3 to control the Servo board. I was using the very inexpensive Futaba servos. Analog.

Roterhead:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginEarly next year I'll look into another coop or at least a board run.
/mike

--- End quote ---

Is there any chance another set of boards or coop will take place? Or does anyone know of another solution?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version