Hardware > Bobcat DMX Servo Controller

How to controll RGB 350 MA LED

(1/2) > >>

lightsup:
Hi I want to controll 350 Ma RGB led with my DMX servo controller. How would you go about it since the controller can only handle 120 Ma. can a board be made with Jfett or Mosfett or transistors to take the extra load.
Alan.

mmorlan62:
Hi Alan,

Yay!  My first chance to contribute on this forum.

Consider some of the driver circuits at these links:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Or consider a simpler, more compact solution in the ULN2803 Transistor Array:

Each transistor channel can handle 500ma and you can gang them together for higher current needs.

Best,

Michael

lightsup:
Thanks Michael this will help in my project, alots of options.

n1ist:
For a 350mA LED, I would use a constant current source and let the LED outputs on the servo board drive it.  If the LED driver has a PWM pin, that would be best, but you should be able to use an N-channel FET (gate to the servo board, drain to ground, source to LED's cathode, constant-current source or resistor between power and the LED's anode, and a pullup on the gate)

lightsup:
Well I tried this circuit and the LED come on and stay on with a vixen sequence running. when I disconnect it from the dmx servo board it goes off and when I touch the 500 kohm resistor to 6 volt power source it turns on and when I disconnect it goes off. then reconnect to the gate to the dmx board led output positive side it come on and stay on with a vixen sequence running. Connected a regular led 20Ma directly to the dmx board and it works like it should.
Here my circuit I am using can some body give me a little help Pleaase and Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version