Author Topic: Never Wet  (Read 3571 times)

Offline keitha43

Re: Never Wet
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, »
Overheard at a paintball facility-"I shot you." Other guy "Prove it. I don't see any paint."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, »
LOL!     <la..
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline caretaker

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, »
I used Rust-Oleum's Leak Seal clear on my nodes (I also used the black till I found they had the clear)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
and it worked well.  I did require a couple of coats but didn't have any major problems with my pixel strings.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, »
I have talked to their tech support and unfortunately what originally appeared to be an ideal solution to waterproofing lights will not work in its current form.

The way it changes the surface of a object it then appears opaque or milky and reduces the light through put.  <fp.

Ok well back to Home Depot for a refund.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, »
Did anyone try it to see how much light will be blocked?  These things are pretty bright.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, »
Send me $20 and I will test it.  :)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, »
I've seen many alternate reviews and I don't think its what its cut out to be. It seems to be a short term fix.. I'm not gonna spend the 20 to find out.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, »
I contacted their tech support.

After that discussion I took my Never wet back to Home Depot and got my $20 back.

According to their tech support it will severely reduce the light output of our pixels. They don't recommend it for auto headlamps and those are pretty bright.

Also the product will definitely degrade in direct sunlight.

They even told me that it is not recommended for use on a cellphone either.

It's your $20.

May the force be with you.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, »
So it's good for preventing ketchup stains, that's it? Hmmm....this might come down to a coin toss on if I invest in a can now....
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, »
Some tests have been done.  Check out: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Agree it might not meet our needs, but still cool to see.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, »
Well  I bought it and tried it on a set of sneakers and they are water proof now BUT what was once a set of black sneakers are now milky white and black. It will leave a white milky residue but it does repel liquid. So I can see where this would be useful in certain instances just not sure about BLINKY.
Jeff

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, »
It's the milky white covering that changes the surface so that the liquid is repelled. That is what also reduces light output.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, »
I'm not sure how much light it would block and I.m not going to spend $20 to find out.  I read in here that they don't recommend it on car headlights but I wonder if that is due to light blockage or the coating altering the beam pattern.  I am a bit supprised that there CS also claims that this coating isn't UV resistant.  That makes little to no sense.  If you have a coating that is designed to make things "waterproof", doesn't that also indicate that in most instances it is going to be outside.  And if it's outside, doesn't that also indicate that it will be exposed to sunlight as well.  This seems like a rather large expense for what would be a rather short lived protection.