Author Topic: What we don't like to see  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
What we don't like to see
« on: November 01, 2009, »
I had a little time yesterday before the Trick or Treaters started to flood the streets. Decided to run the 1st test on LE #2, Ver 4. Plugged all chl's into mini lights, had Vixen ready when it happened. Applied power to the PCB and...."poof"....then nothing. ??? :'( :'(
Will remove it from the enclosure this morning and figure out what, and more important, why it happened.
Stay tuned. I'm sure I'll have questions.

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: What we don't like to see
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had a little time yesterday before the Trick or Treaters started to flood the streets. Decided to run the 1st test on LE #2, Ver 4. Plugged all chl's into mini lights, had Vixen ready when it happened. Applied power to the PCB and...."poof"....then nothing. ??? :'( :'(
Will remove it from the enclosure this morning and figure out what, and more important, why it happened.
Stay tuned. I'm sure I'll have questions.

Brad

Man that sucks! I was just gonna contact you to see if you wanted to flash some PICs. (Was a little busy yesterday)
I'll give you a call.

Having nightmares about running out of time and hoping the LE gremlins can't find their way to my house.

Leon
Leon

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, »
Thanks Leon. This must be my lucky day ;D ;D
I should run down and lay a hundred on the Pass Line at the Nugget  8) ;D

Started to really get worried when under bright light I could see no burnt components. That should be good news. But I could not identify what caused the "phttt" when plugged in yesterday.
Figured I'd check the pic. Did not look properly seated. Pulled it out re-seated it, plugged it in....and.....I HAVE BLINKING LIGHTS ;D ;D
So lucky not to have fried something.

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, »
Lucky you Brad! 

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester