Author Topic: Nice wood base for Aeon clock.  (Read 868 times)

Offline OkieJay

Nice wood base for Aeon clock.
« on: May 22, 2011, »
I had a neighbor make me a wooden base for my Aeon clock.  It looked so good another DIYLA guy requested one.  My neighbor went ahead and made two, so I have a spare.  If I remember correctly it is made from Teak wood and is rubbed, not varnished.  It does have some marks on the face that look like pencil marks but are in fact tool marks.  If they bother you, they could be sanded out and the face re-rubbed.  The base is made from four pieces of wood joined together so the grain forms a circle around the clock face.  I have posted a picture of the clock base for sale directly below.  I also posted a picture of my clock for reference (note: my base is not flawed, it is made from reclaimed wood and has a couple of nail holes).  The price is $50 plus shipping.  It took him about 6 hours to make, so the price is very reasonable.  Please PM me if you are interested.  Thanks, OkieJay

Offline reitan_family

Re: Nice wood base for Aeon clock.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, »
That is sweet. I just saw that clock a few weeks ago at the PNW Mini, If I find where I can purchase a clock I;ll look you up.  Tel him great job.............

Offline keithr

Re: Nice wood base for Aeon clock.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, »
nice  <res.