Author Topic: New Project coming together  (Read 7488 times)

Offline therealbigjim

Re: New Project coming together
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, »
very cool
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2013, »
Looks like your getting pretty nice kwh per day if I'm reading the site correctly.   Do you have a way to measure your usage?  I use a TED5000 personally.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013, »
I have been looking at getting a TED myself. The new meter shows how much I purchased from the power company and how much I gave the company, my solar system shows how much total I generated so I can do the math to see where I am from usage.

We are suppost to use more than we make this time of year due to the A/C and 93 deg temps. then the rest of the year I make more than I use to generate credits to cover the next summer. We have been doing better than expected. We are 122% of what PVwatts estimated so far and we seem to be using less than normal at the moment so we are making a little more than we are using. We have been using about 50 Kwh a day the last few days. We normally would be using about 60 Kwh.

Pvwatts expected us to make 48 Kwh per day this time of year.

Here is a pic of the array with the landscaping done. I used recycled rubber mulch and border. It will last for 25 years so a little roundup once I year will keep the maintenance low.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying