Author Topic: When will coops fire back up?  (Read 1135 times)

Offline bhays

When will coops fire back up?
« on: January 07, 2013, »
Sorry to ask what may be a stupid question.  When will the next opportunity to purchase EtherDongles, SmartString Hubs, Pixel Controllers, etc?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: When will coops fire back up?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, »
No one ever knows. I would think that there will be some starting shortly, but members never know what or when. Sometimes RJ will give a hint, but no specific date.

Offline rm357

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, »
Coops are really just group buys that are managed by an "approved" volunteer.

Its a lot of work, but can result is savings of 30% or more over buying the parts on your own. The coop also gives the buying power needed for stuff that is unique to us - cases with cut outs, pre-assembly of certain components, etc.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, »
Already being discussed, so sooner rather than later.  Of course your specific need may not come up first, but it should be somewhere down the line.

Regards,
-Keith

Offline bhays

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, »
Again, I apologize for asking silly questions. Am I correct that this is really the only way to purchase pcb's for EtherDongles, etc?  I mean if its sold out in the store you're out of Luck until the next coop, correct?

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Again, I apologize for asking silly questions. Am I correct that this is really the only way to purchase pcb's for EtherDongles, etc?  I mean if its sold out in the store you're out of Luck until the next coop, correct?

Sometimes you can post what you are looking for in the buy/sell forum and if people are willing to part with it they'll offer it up. Hopefully the store will stock some PCBs soon as well.
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Not a silly question at all.  IIRC etherdongle is coop only due to the smd of the pic. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, »
It appears the day I am having is continuing to not go in my favor.   <fp.  I am wrong, the etherdongle was available as a pcb.  Sorry for the confusion.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, »
I believe that there were a few extras ordered in the last coop that became available in the store but since the two chips need to be installed on them, I doubt that they will ever be in the store until a coop for them is run.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving