Author Topic: Alive again ....... For one more night  (Read 630 times)

Offline tbone321

Alive again ....... For one more night
« on: January 06, 2013, »
With my new schedule, I have not had the time to take anything down yet.  Getting home form work this evening, I was looking at the inflatables standing in the yard (the computer inflates them during the day on weekends) and dreading the amount of time it's going to take to break it all down.  I have the computer set NOT to light the Christmas lights anymore but the front porch lights are connected to some blowmolds and decorations on the steps so they still turn on until I disconnect them.  While I was upstairs getting changed and thinking about telling the PC to shut down the inflatables, the window candles turned on (I forgot to tell the PC not to light them) as well as the front porch lights.  As I was walking back down stairs to shut down the inflatables, I started thinking that just about the entire outside display is still in place and will be coming down this week anyway and I live on a dark street that has been looking gloomy the past few days so what the heck.  With a push of the other code, the entire display with the exception of the nativity, sprang back to life. 

It looked good to see the front yard lit up with color once again and I guess that I wasn't alone in that thought.  While going to get a cup of coffee, the lighting in the front yard looked a little different.  Going to the front window, what was making it look different were the lights from two cars stopped outside to look at the lights again, and this a week into the new year.  It makes me feel good to know that others were also enjoying one last look at the display and builds up my drive to improve it for next year. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Alive again ....... For one more night
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, »
Cool

I agree after all of the lights on and then nothing it is gloomy

The only thing I can light up is the window frames that stay waiting and ready for Valentines day

Rest of the stuff was taking down on Saturday. The new roof lights design took a whole 10 minutes to unhook and get all of the lights off the roof.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Alive again ....... For one more night
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, »
we came home after dark, three people in the car, i thought only the ones older than 3yrs old were awake.

As i pull into the driveway, i Hear a little voice from the backseat...  "I want to see the lights!"
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!