Author Topic: all kinds of light shows.  (Read 625 times)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
all kinds of light shows.
« on: December 11, 2011, »
I drove around with my wife and daughter tonight looking at the lights in our area, everyone else has the static lights, or steady blinking on the strings.

I'm probably going to be the first in the area to have coordinated lights, but I want to say that i appreciate all the lights in the area, even the small ones.  for me, it's not how much flash you have, but the spirit of the season that gets to me.
Bravo! everyone!
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: all kinds of light shows.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, »
Chris,

I found out that someone who lives about three blocks from me has a pretty big blinky display which made me very very happy to find.  Looks like he might be all LOR, but I haven't been able to find out who this is yet.  He lives on a major road in our area so gets lots of traffic.  Unfortunately for me, I live on a dead-end street in a townhome area (where no one expects me to do blinky! LOL)  I have found his first name, but haven't been able to meet him yet.  The obsession spreads.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mmciver

• Love the blinky blinky! in 85086
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, »
My small rural street added 2 more houses with lights this year.

I had one neighbor say, "Well I can't compete with you!"

I looked right him and said, I don't expect you too.  I appreciate the fact that you are putting up some lights for the season and showing your Christmas Spirit.

I also explained to him that I had a mental illness :)

He seemed to appreciate me saying that and I enjoy all size/type displays that go up.

It is not about the biggest, the best, the most blinky......

It is about showing appreciation and spirit for the season!

Merry Christmas!

Mike.
650000 lights!
160 Channels - 2010 numbers
RGB elements
Combo Mega Tree
Never enough lights!

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, »
As soon as I started putting mine out my neighbor asked me if I was feeling ok..lol. now he understands.  Now (this year) all but one neighbor has lights out. We usually have about 8o  stops a day. Not bad for this being one of the first in our area.  I think L Boucher lives about 20 miles away.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.