Software > Light Show Pro

MIdi, LSP, and honest feedback

<< < (3/3)

arw01:
They removed midi from the scheduler, not the sequencer.  The scheduler just plays a show, were you planning to have midi output during the show too or just when you created the lighting effects in the sequencer?

GrumpkaXmas:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThey removed midi from the scheduler, not the sequencer.  The scheduler just plays a show, were you planning to have midi output during the show too or just when you created the lighting effects in the sequencer?

--- End quote ---

I had no expectations beyond the ability to create the sequences using midi instead of the traditional drop/drag mouse click method we all currently are use to.   I wanted to use a midi controller to input the events.  Once the events are recorded to a layer/sequence/track,  midi is not relative at all.

I'd think the scheduler wouldn't have a thing to do with midi, as that part of the process was long done.   It's simply the ability to tap out sequences live to the music, instead of 'programming' your show.   For me, this means I can get a pretty good show done in a very short time.  I'm not into pixels just yet, so most effects that I want to trigger are simply chases through groups of channels.   IE:  Leaping Arch,  Chases channels 1-16. Create the pattern.   Assign pattern to trigger when the C note is press.   Key press...pattern plays.... Key press....pattern plays... so on...    all recorded... Go back, press play on the sequencer, those events are now part of the sequence and midi has nothing more to do with it. 

Hope that explination comes across well   :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version