Author Topic: Will these work with the SSC's  (Read 2898 times)

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
Re: Will these work with the SSC's
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, »
I got them this afternoon.  I'm not sure what is going on with them.  With the ssc test firmware they all light up random colors with the exception of red when it is on red only the first node lights up.  I have tried cutting out the first node with no change in the strings behavior.  I then cut the string in half with no change either.  I'm also not very happy with the quality.  Lots of gaps in the epoxy filling to allow water in and they have the smaller gauge aluminum wire RJ warned about.  I will try and post a video of them so you can see their strange behavior.  Maybe they are not compatible?????

I also got some sample C9 covers for the nodes from Ray.  He was supposed to send me clear ones but he sent colored.  Hard to tell how they would look on the nodes since they are not clear.  They are faceted and would probably look pretty good if they were clear.

This was my first order with Ray kinda disappointed.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, »
Yeah 1st time he sent me an actual c9 replacable bulb. I told him it didn't matter since it was green. Then he forgot entirely the next 2 shipments. Then the last was clear but not faceted so it was like the bulb was not even on the node. It was invisible.

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, »
Here is a short video of the modules with the SSC test firmware.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, »
Maybe you need to just try the SSC with software to control it instead?

I would possibly try each of the SS node types to see if any worked better than the other, since the RGB order
isn't known for sure.  Also, you might try making the first node  NULL node, to see what that does.

The pixelnet plugin for vixen should work find for testing.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, »
I have tried various combinations of programming the SSC to control these.  The most I have made them do is light the first node red. Tried null on the first node. Every combination of node type and string or individual control.  I guess they are not compatible. 

If anyone wants to give them a try let me know.

Brian

Offline denverstone

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, »
I have tried various combinations of programming the SSC to control these.  The most I have made them do is light the first node red. Tried null on the first node. Every combination of node type and string or individual control.  I guess they are not compatible. 

If anyone wants to give them a try let me know.

Brian

I was interested in using these on a project because they would fit perfect for what I want to do.... as any additional testing been done, or are they just flat not going to work?

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, »
If you can maybe send me a couple of nodes - we can do some testing on the chips to see if it is even possible....  PM me if interested...

Myk