Store > Current Coop's

Express co-op?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Penfold:
I know that Robert has pre-soldered chips on the board in coops before (Ether-dongle).  Would this be another candidate?  If anything we could have Robert charge us a "pick-and-place fee", to get the SMD chip pre-installed.  That would also mean a change to the board to accomidate the footprint for the SMD.  Although, I will leave that up to Robert if he wants to go that route.   

I wonder if an SMD Express could be around the corner using 1206 components (Large SMD size)?  .........Perhaps not.

mmciver:
Looks like another case of companies driving up costs and keeping the little guy out of the equation.  Without specialty tools and expensive equipment you cannot build things yourself you have to buy.  Sad.

Mike.

tbone321:
In this case, it's not so much a case of just driving up costs, the chip has reached EOL and is no longer in production so as demand continues and the stock diminishes, the price goes up. 

meman:
Sad to say, but other than the satisfaction of DIY, it almost doesn't make any sense to try and build LEs anymore. By the time you factor in all the hassles of procuring thru hole parts that are becoming obsolete by the day, the costs, coop shipping, cases, cords, etc. The $179 ready to go Express from Minleon doesn't look so bad.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Just my two cents...
Mike E.

Penfold:
HOLY COW!!!

Is that a cloned Lynx Express board, but in SMD!?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version