Author Topic: Posting music file and Conductor test files  (Read 472 times)

Offline Night Owl

Posting music file and Conductor test files
« on: December 29, 2012, »
I have been working on a how to manual for the Conductor and have created a bundle of test files that I have verified to work on my unit.  The idea is that a first time builder could download these files to a CF card and see if their Conductor will run.  I created the sequence in Vixen and used xLights and the Conductor Control Panel to create the other required files and am licensing as Public Domain Mark 1.0 License.  Which means you have my permission to copy, distribute, modify, or even sell it, all without my permission.  There are some other things involved, mostly saying users cannot hold me liable for what they do with the files.  The only thing left is the music.  I searched and found a short instrumental version of We Wish You a Merry Christmas performed by the US Marine Band that has been licensed under the same Public Domain Mark 1.0 License.

So here is the question.  Since this is all in public domain, would it be ok to upload the files to this board?  Alternately, I could look into putting it up on somewhere like Github.