Author Topic: Looking for 3 more Panther DMX Player - Beta Testers  (Read 2403 times)

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
I have 3 Panther DMX Player Kits ready for shipping that I am offering up to 3 individuals that are will be help beta test the Panther. I have programmed the ATMEL Chip. The panther requires a voltage from  7 - 12 Volts DC. I do not have any power adapters for them and I do not supply the SD Card as I want you to test with what you have. The Power jack is the same one used by the Lynx TX/RX Wireless Modules. You can find the a power adapter on eBay searching to "12V DC 2A Power Adapter", thats where I purchased mine. I'm Looking for Individuals that have a range of DMX Equipment. If Interested please post here with what DMX Equipment you have that you are willing to test with. The complete kit runs about $25 which includes USPS priority mail shipping.

Reports from exist beta tester have been good with no outstanding issues, and they seem to be pretty please with the Panther.

Thanks
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JonB256

• My website
I have D-Light DMX boards (AC, DC, and Firefli), DMX Servo boards and DMX AC boards.
I've been most interested in the Panther for DC and Servo standalone operation.
Have Soldering Station/Will Solder for food.

JonB

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
I just have lynx DMX equipment. Ssr4 - dmx wireless, LEs - wireless, aether I & II - wireless.

The aethers are the reason for the Panther...

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline Rogelio

I have some DMX floodlights, from a Chinese supplier, I use for landscaping.  I also use Lynx LE's and holiday coro 3 channel modules.  My first year for pixels will use smart strings.

Offline ratroder

Looking for 3 more Panther DMX Player - Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, »
I have lynx: le, ssr4s, sandevices e682, and several lor controllers. Pm me if something transpires.

Offline kevinpickett

• Colorado Christmas
I am using a couple of the Chauvet color splash Jr par cans.  3 of the American DJ Par 64 cans. As well as a few flood lights I made up using the 3 channel DMX controllers that Holiday Coro sells, and DC Servos I control via DMX.  The rest of my DMX system includes Rays 27ch DMX controller board, and the LOR iDMX-1000 controller.  I also use some of Rays small DMX ribbon controllers. I use a wide variety of DMX software made for holiday lighting and a few for venue lighting.
---------------------------
Kevin
Colorado Christmas

Offline DanHouston

I'm running some destiny floods, rainbow floods, LEv5s, a chineese 512-channel pixel controller, a holiday coro 3 channel RGB controller.

I'm actually thinking this could be an interesting use in my boat. :)
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Ok, I sent notifications to 3 individuals and only one responded back. So I will open this up for the first 2 individuals that are interested. Here are some details.

If you are interested in getting on the Beta Team for the DMX Player the kit is $24.73 shipped in the USA via USPS Priority Mail and includes paypal fee. The kit does not come with an enclosure. You can pay via paypal to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Let me know when you send it. If you are not interested right now just let me know so I can pick someone else. Once I have payment I will as RJ to give you access to the Panther DMX Player Bulletin Board.

before you send payment post here only the first 2 will i accept payment from any others will be refunded.

Thanks Scott
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline DanHouston

Count me in...I'll paypal ya when I get home (late tonight).
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Is there anything needed to program (update) the code?  I have a pickit 3, but I don't have any arduino apparatus.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Re: Looking for 3 more Panther DMX Player - Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, »
Steve, The ATMEL Chip will come programmed. However, if you needed to flash a new firmware you would need a AVR compatible programmer. I have an Arduino put I also have picked up a USBASP programmer off ebay. Here is a link to the one I got. The beta board does not have a ISP (In System Programmer), but I will be adding one. The ISP is a six pin, so if you get an USBASP which is 10 pins you'll also want to get a 10pin to 6 pin converter kinsa like this.

Programmer:

Converter:
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, »
Dan be sure on Paypal you make is a Goods.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, »
Scott,

I'm ready to go if its still open...

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, »
Paul, I send you a PM for payment you have 1 of the 2.

Dan, I'll hold the 2nd one for you.

Scott
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos