Author Topic: DC12V TM1804 pixel module, with 1pcs 8mm strat hat led  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Has anyone tried using these with SSC?

DC12V TM1804 pixel module, with 1pcs 8mm strat hat led,30mm diameter,50pcs a string
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
i haven't tried them, but they look pretty good.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
i saw them before, but i dont know what i'd even use them for
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline caretaker

IF they work with Smart Strings Controllers they would be perfect to mount on the front side (or top) of a PVC arch like this dougd did with GE color effects:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  or a picture:

Jeff Squires

Offline zwiller

Look cool to me.  I really like the mounts.  Might get a set to try. 

There is also a milky covered version: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   

Would these be slightly brighter than a 5050/SS?  Since they are 8mm instead of 5mm.

That said, they are not DIYLA approved.  The 4 led square modules I have work 98%  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 
Work perfectly fine except on fades.  They flicker.  I haven't given up on them.  I think they need a different resistor since they have 4 leds instead of 3.  (I replaced ssc to 330 ohm)

I am wondering if somebody more knowledgeable might help get these and other 1804 based items "approved".  Willing to help any I can...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline chrisatpsu

the led inside the node is the same led used for the smart string node.

Offline vincent81

The TM1804 is a 9 channel controller chip and can control 3 of the RGB LEDs. There are 30 of the RGB LEDs and 10 of the RM1804 controllers per meter. The difference between TM1804 module and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  is that the 6803 is 5 bit and the 1804 is 8 bit.So while the 1804 supports all 256 levels, the 6803 only supports 32 distinct levels.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, by vincent81 »

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
The TM1804 is a 9 channel controller chip and can control 3 of the RGB LEDs.

Just a small correction. Vincent you most likely meant to say TM1809 is 9 channel. the TM1804 is three channel.  :)

Offline chrisatpsu

the 1809 is on the flex strips, and i think the rigid strips. each chips runs 3 rgb leds.
the 1804 is on the plastic rectangles, metal squares, and smart strings nodes.

even though the rectangles, and squares have 3 rgb led's on them, the chip controls them all the same, so if you turn red on, all three light up red, etc.

With the nodes that are in this thread, they "should" behave like a smart string node. but because it's a different design, the colors could be off (the color order might not be, red first, followed by green, then blue) or it might have a color issue (like some have talked about the unofficial 4 rgb led metal squares having a slight red tint) the nodes themselves are not that technically complicated, so that is why i said they "should" behave, but no one will know until after someone tried them out. So for whoever decides to try them, be prepared for them to not work, and if they do, then that's just a bonus. Ray did mention that everything with the 1804,1809, or 1812 chips do work with his tester. But that just means that they turn on, not to the quality once they are on.

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
if I remember correctly does not the clock have to be running at 800Mhz to be compat with the SSC?

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
MyKroft,

The controllers that are compatible with SSC are three wired devices. They have Voltage, Ground and data. No clock.

Offline odlids

From unreliable memories the TM1804 chips can run at either 400kHz or 800kHz, and although they are 3 wire and do not have an external clock lead they certainly run an internal clock which syncs with the data.

Cheers
Odlid Dave
To err is human but why oh why must I be so human?

Offline chrisatpsu

the 1812, only runs at the faster speed, the other you have to do something with the chip to make it run slower, so they just leave it alone so it runs faster. i have the technical detials of how it works, but won't post the info in the forum, we can take it "offline" if you want to know more.

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
That is true, but they are limited to what clock speed on the data line that the SSC sends out.  If I remember correctly the flex strips are at 800, and 1 or 2 of the others are setup for 400 but work with 800 or visa versa - might have the speeds mixed up.

Someone got a string of the round type plastic body with single led, and 1804 chip in them - we could not get them to work because of the required clock speed on the data line.  so they are not all build the same....

Myk

MyKroft,

The controllers that are compatible with SSC are three wired devices. They have Voltage, Ground and data. No clock.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, by mykroft »