Author Topic: Has any one purchased using www.aliexpress.com  (Read 7240 times)

Offline tpctech

This looks like the Hong Kong version of Ebay.  Has anybody purchased LED's this way.  The prices look really good with free DHL to the US.  They also take paypal!

KEN

Offline chrisl1976

• Lights on Sixth
Re: Has any one purchased using www.aliexpress.com
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, »
I've purchased through the company Snowball on alliexpress using paypal.  No problem.  Will be purchasing from them again.
Chris

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, »
alibaba.com is just a chinese business search directory...

I would be very cautious about any company's reputation for quality and service... just my .02 worth.

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, »
I have been dealing with a vendor (Ray Wu) on Aliexpress for a few months and have found him to be very helpful and he has great prices and variety. I just purchased 5 x 12VDC 350 Watt power supplies from him at a price of US$130 delivered, thats a great price. A few people on the forums have dealt with Ray and have had no issues. You can have a live chat with Ray through Aliexpress and he will provide data sheets on request immediatly. He has LED strips, strings, nets, wall washers, LEDs up to 250 watt and many other LED related products.

And with paying through Escrow (which is a 3rd party that holds the money) the supplier doesnt get paid until the products have been deliverd to your standard. You can even pay through Pay Pal.

Take a look at Rays online shop at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, by fasteddy »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Never argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, »
alibaba.com is just a chinese business search directory...

I would be very cautious about any company's reputation for quality and service... just my .02 worth.

John

Aliexpress is just like ebay but with a 3rd party that holds the money and deals with any disputes. This was set up due to the scamming that was going on in Alibaba.com. When dealing with Chinese companies never pay through TT unless you have already built up a relationship with the supplier. People usually get scammed because they think they can buy sony playstations and name brand gear at really cheap prices, but in reality that just is'nt the case and more times than not you will get somthing that is less than expected. For buying LED gear i think Aliexpress is a good way to buy gear from China, especially if your in Australia.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, »

I'd recommend placing your order through AliExpress - that way they don't get paid until you get your complete order arrives and is correct.

The benifit with using Aliexpress with Escrow is that if the terms say 3 day dispatch then Escrow will start counting down and if the product has not been sent within the 3 days then you will recieve your money back automatically.
Once shipped Escrow then give 30 days for your product to arrive before a dispute can be raised

If the products have been recieved then you leave feedback and then Escrow will forward the payment to the merchandiser.

Offline chrisl1976

• Lights on Sixth
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, »
Add to that - they are slow... I think somewhat because they come out of Hong Kong instead of from "inside" china.  Expect 2-3 times the wait of other vendors I've ordered from. And DO NOT order from them without using the AliExpress payment system!

I did not have any issues with them being slow. It depends on what your order. The processing times vary.and are posted with the product price.  My RGB leds said 10 days and it took 9 before they were shipped. Shipping took only 2 days to get here.  11 days to get my order.  I will pay with Ali-express though on any future orders.
Chris

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, »
I did not have any issues with them being slow. It depends on what your order. The processing times vary.and are posted with the product price.  My RGB leds said 10 days and it took 9 before they were shipped. Shipping took only 2 days to get here.  11 days to get my order.  I will pay with Ali-express though on any future orders.

YMMV.  Who I have had very good results with - service, price and language wise is Ray Wu here:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  He even got the datasheets that snowball couldn't come up with, despite the fact that snowball sold them to me, called several vendors to find products that he didn't even have on his site so I could purchase them all from one place.  His english (chat) is very good.

I saw that you placed a large order with Ray, looks like your going to be doing a bit of experimenting, cant wait to see what you find.

but yes Ray is very helpful and does have good english skills, i can always get him on the chat during his buisness hours and he is always helpful as he can be. I think we may have found ourselves a cheap, good service supplier of LED products in China with a secure way to pay.

Offline tpctech

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, »
Thanks for all of the input.  I will try a small order and see how it goes.

KEN

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, »
I ordered 5 x 350 watt 12 volt DC power supplies from Ray on the Tuesday Night, got them 9.00am Monday morning. The price was exceptional. I gave each power supply a 300 watt 1/2 hour burn in test which all units passed. There was one minor issue with one of the power supply fans but that can easily be rectified especially that the 5 power supplies cost me US$130 delivered.

Take a look at my review and photos of the power supplies at

The power supplies I ordered from Ray