Author Topic: Coop's  (Read 6785 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Coop's
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here is a great video of JJ doing a 175 LE COOP ... simply amazing !!  <res.

Was that Miller Lite I saw? Man we gotta pay JJ a little more so he can afford some real beer!  ;) ;D

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, »
Ummm.... wasn't the entire idea behind opening the store that people who missed out/is to impatient to wait for coops would be able to order PCB's and the stuff that aren't readily available from Mouser all year round, at a slightly higher price?

As for coops, I can understand that people want to get into them, but it's not really THAT big a difference to order a PCB from RJ's store, and then order the BOM kit from mouser, is there?

What can it be, a few bucks? And if you want to save those few bucks, be prepared for disapointment (and have a leather boot available... gold star to the one that catches that reference) but if you want to be assured to get your kit, pay a couple of bucks extra and be done with it.

/Stefan
Blinky Blinky Lights!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, »
Here is a great video of JJ doing a 175 LE COOP ... simply amazing !!  <res.

Was that Miller Lite I saw? Man we gotta pay JJ a little more so he can afford some real beer!  ;) ;D

Did you know that you can donate money to RJ, JJ and all the coop managers?  Just send something to their paypal address.  I do not know if JJ has a paypal address, but he is a member here and I assume you can send PMs to him.  Don't know if he answers them or not.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, »
I'm still waiting for RJ to drag JJ into one of his videos and make him say something.   ;D

Offline rm357

Coop's
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, »
I don't really think the advance notice idea is going to make any difference. You will still have a lot of folks who miss out because the coop was full after the first 27 seconds... Or we crashed the server... (ok, I might be exaggerating).

The coop limits were instituted to allow more folks an opportunity, but even so, the coops have been filling very quickly.

If you are serious and really want something, you need to check the forum daily. You also need to follow the coop daily until it has closed and pay promptly. No parts can be ordered until everyone has paid and there are always one or two folks that delay the ordering phase by waiting until the last day to pay. Prompt payment means faster coops which also means more time for additional coops...

The recent transformer coop is a good example. That one was super quick. Everyone paid or got dropped by the very short deadline and we, collectively speaking, got the remaining stock of an end of life item.

I give a special thanks to all of the coop managers. Without you, I don't know if I would have gotten started into the blinky thang... :-)

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Christmas.joe

• Listen To Those Lights!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, »
When I first saw the LE 2nd Co-Op, within ten minuts I snapped the following picture of what was happening in real time. >.d9
First Live Show 2011 Success Is Good!
12,000 Lights 32 Channel
Alabama

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, »
I'm still waiting for RJ to drag JJ into one of his videos and make him say something.   ;D

If you want to hear JJ you have to come to the Academy. He is not going to talk on a camera he hates to be near one. Soon as I start recording he is hitting the door. In fact the time he was drilling the first heatsinks for the expresses a bunch of members said he look mad in the video. He was cause his hands were full and he could not get out of the cameras view so he was not happy with me!  ;D

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, »
 <la.Ill drink to that. 3k members and with a limited amounted of le's, this is the way it goes. Its a major amount of work to put it all together. I think if we put ourselves in their shoes, we might change our image of what's going on behind the scene. For those who have missed out, you will catch up. There is many co-ops each year. ( just my 2 ¢)
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, »
I said this in another thread - It is amazing to see the passion in this community.  You can tell backs are had between members and more so of RJ and JJ and well deserved.  This is certainly the place to hang out and be a part of!  Great job to all and thanks for all you do in your "spare" time!

Mark - Georgia
- Mark

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, »
When I opened up my first Express kit, I thought about how long it would take to sort and package everything for somebody they never met, and was truly impressed.

This is certainly a great place to hang out. There are so many electronically talented people here helping out those like me who forgot most of what they learned in high school electronics besides the nasty acronym to help us remember resistor color bands.  :-[

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, »
Gary - Funny how that is the ONE things that one NEVER forgets!!  Good one !!

Mark - Georgia
- Mark

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, »
idk, my first reaction to opening up an express kit was

WOW LOOK AT THE HEATSINK!!!
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline devoidelk

• North western Indiana, 47960
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, »
yea the bright Christmas red heat-sink gives you the grin from the movie Home alone 2 when the hotel manager figures out he credit card is stolen.

;D

Offline Kwajtony

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, »
When I first saw the LE 2nd Co-Op, within ten minuts I snapped the following picture of what was happening in real time. >.d9

Cool Pic...seems pretty accurate too.
R,
Tony "C"

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, »
idk, my first reaction to opening up an express kit was

WOW LOOK AT THE HEATSINK!!!
I agree. Kind of like the "hot rod" piece of electronics.