Author Topic: Whats up with Ray?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline lashbyrn

Whats up with Ray?
« on: November 03, 2013, »
I ordered $400 worth of  50 node LED pixel string model,IP68;TM1804IC from Ray in the Middle of September.  I still haven't received anything.  I paid him via paypal.  He has kept me updated but, at the end of each week he sends an email and says "it will ship next week.."  I thought I may be cutting it close by waiting until 9/15 to place an order.  Now I think I am not going to pull off the RGB project this year.   :(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, by lashbyrn »

Offline barbotte

Re: Whats up with Ray?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, »
well you are not the only one .. it all over almost every site i visit ,, ray has faill to deliver this year ,,its either he is too buzy or he does not care anymore as he know he has the monopoliy ,,time to find another china supplyer ..
cherr

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
well you are not the only one .. it all over almost every site i visit ,, ray has faill to deliver this year ,,its either he is too buzy or he does not care anymore as he know he has the monopoliy ,,time to find another china supplyer ..
cherr
Its the busy season for him. I think this happens every year.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, »
It depends on what you order.  I paid for an order on 10/27 and received it on 10/31.  I would expect that the TM1804 nodes would be in stock so I am surprised by Larry's delay. I order a couple of TM1809 flexstrips.   A month before that I placed a larger order, still under $500, and got that order in about 10 days after I paid.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, »
I ordered regular nodes on 4'' spacing which is standard and it's been 2 weeks since I placed the order and he still hasn't shipped. I hope he does soon.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, »
I also had a good experience, ordered 10 flex strips October 8th, received them October 15th.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, »
The flex strips are nearly am retail grade product and the nodes are more custom built, it seems.   The nodes are backup up this year .... If you are ordering them now, your in trouble.   My order of mostly nodes ... About 40 days from order to having ... Should get any day now!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, »
I had a custom order that took about 45 days to get.  Most of the year, stock orders are filled rather quickly, but after talking to Ray a couple weeks ago, he let me know that he had no "stock" to work from as we've kept him busy for the entire year.  He hasn't been able to build up stock during a "down time" because he hasn't had any.  Be patient, he's working as quickly as possible.  He truly does care about his customers.  We've tried other suppliers and they don't give us the quality control that Ray does (or offer us as many options).  Ray will put almost any chip in any device for you as long as you give him the time to work it out.  If we as DIYers are waiting till the last minute to buy RGB items, then it's our own fault.  I've cancelled several projects just because I've talked to Ray and know he's behind.  I'll implement them for my 2014 show.  Lesson is...order early and be patient.  Ray's a great guy and a good supplier for us. 

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, »
The nodes are backup up this year .... If you are ordering them now, your in trouble.   

For a minute you had me worried, but then I realized I placed my order well over 2 weeks ago...   ;D

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, »
I think in past years Ray was mainly doing business with folks on this board and holidaycoro directly ... and it seems now that every Chrismas board is talking about Ray ... so I think his ability to keep up with all the business must be a struggle to some degree.  He is the same, caring person, who can be trusted.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, »
I think in past years Ray was mainly doing business with folks on this board and holidaycoro directly ... and it seems now that every Chrismas board is talking about Ray ... so I think his ability to keep up with all the business must be a struggle to some degree.  He is the same, caring person, who can be trusted.

I placed a large order with custom spacing on 1804 strings. Order placed 9-26 and received 11-2. Checked my order and the high power LEDs on a heat sink that I. Ordered arrived with just heats inks, no LEDs. Sent email to ray yesterday, replacement LEDs sent today via Dahl.

I have no problem ordering from him in the future.

Ido think he might be experiencing large increase in demand.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login