Author Topic: When I grow up I want to...  (Read 3362 times)

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: When I grow up I want to...
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, »
20+ years Technical Management (IT Chief Engineer)
10+ years independent film producer (I have a feature film coming out next year called "Down the Shore" starring Jimmy Gandolfini and Famke Janssen)
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mimir

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, »
I worked for 8 years as a cash register repair / installation technician.  Installed and repaired grocery store scanning systems.

Now work as a Programmer/Analyst for a primary aluminum plant.  Take care of 3 Oracle database instances and administer the process control data collection and reporting system. 

But above all of that I am my three daughter's daddy.  It is for my youngest 7 year old that I got started in the blinky stuff this year.

John

Offline emcee

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, »
Not sure I want to grow up!

I have been: Funeral director, hairstylist, Paramedic, IT Tech, Gov't Attorney...  Now I'm a semi retired Attorney in private practice.

Offline wwwgator

• S.E. WI
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, »
when I grow up, I want to claw my way to middle management.......just kidding

#1 job is being a good father and husband.

Was EIC for MLB Ball Park, still freelance national sports TV gigs.

Went to fall back career as Master Electrician, Electrical Inspector. I maintain this thing (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
All shipboard control systems, entertainment, power generation and distribution.

Was doing Technical Productions/ Broadcast for regional MMA fights till that went mainstream ( my production truck wasnt 2k-HD-SD w/256ch MADI....but who's being picky?))

Also Electrician at 2nd largest print company in North America ( PLC's, Hardware, guidance and control systems)

So this is a natural fit here at DLA, hands dirty, burnt from soldering, but lots of blinky flashy with the pride of homebuilt!
I know nothing......and I prove it DAILY!!!

Getting crazy ideas and breaking stuff since 1977

Master Electrician/ Electrical Inspector/ Evil Genius (apprentice)

Offline devoidelk

• North western Indiana, 47960
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, »
I build semi trailers

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, »
I see a trend here. Lots of men who are still kids inside. 8) I have been in public service for about 30 years...10 USN as a SONAR tech (operator and repair) and the last 20 or so as a police officer. My grown children think I am crazy (along with my wife and neighbors) for putting up my light show. I find my light show and my mustang restoration attempts are battling for my time and money....
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I see a trend here. Lots of men who are still kids inside. 8) I have been in public service for about 30 years...10 USN as a SONAR tech (operator and repair) and the last 20 or so as a police officer. My grown children think I am crazy (along with my wife and neighbors) for putting up my light show. I find my light show and my mustang restoration attempts are battling for my time and money....

"THINK"

I know we are all crazy!!!!   <fp.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying