Hardware > Lynx Smart String

Updated mod for SSC

<< < (2/9) > >>

RJ:
There should only be three attachements.

The firmware will work with out the utility to test it is programmed as channel 1 , 128nodes , forward, strings, 0 null nodes, 1 grouping.

Two people are running this setup already and not having any issue so make sure you have the wire in the correct location and did not mirrow image it.

RJ

fyb2000:
I checked the wire several times (on both boards) and I am as certain as one can be that it is indeed connected to the correct pin of the PIC and the data wire.
I am at work now and won't be able to test the SSC with firmware, without running the utility on them.
With the previous mod, we, early on, ran into a problem because using the USB dongle rather than the etherdongle. Do you know if the setup used by the 2 others you are mentioning is using a USB dongle or an etherdongle?
Thanks,
Francois

rm357:
Pease post pics.

fyb2000:
I am not in a position to post pic right now, as I do not have the system with me. But I can describe to you what they would show. The last SSC on which I did this mod, was a functional SSC already modified with the previous mod. The trace that is cut on it is the same, so nothing was done there. The only change done to go from the previous mod to this one, was the jumper cable, which is going from the data line, to pin 15 of the PIC. I checked all the connections around the old jumper cable (from the previous mod) and the new one. No short or flaky soldering points.
This was done on 2 different SSC, with the same result.
It would be great if you also did the mod, to confirm that the checksum of the firmware (for pickit3) I posted in my initial post is actually correct. There is always a chance I made a mistake there, but I do not have a way to confirm or infirm it.
Thanks,
Francois

mokeefe:
I just completed the mod using the new instructions and the new firmware.  The mod worked perfectly as described by RJ.  After loading the new mod firmware the strings operated fine with the default settings.  I used a USB Dongle with Pixelnet firmware and ran the Smart String Utility application.  I was able to reprogram the SSC with new settings and got the usual white flashing to confirm the programming.  The new settings worked as expected.

One thing that is different for me is that I got a checksum of ED60 with my PICKIT3 (it will probably be different for the PICKIT2).  So, Francois, I would suggest trying to re-download the firmware and make sure you are loading the correct one into the PICKIT.  I know I now have a number of different versions floating around on my system.  Make sure you get the same checksum I noted.

-Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version