Author Topic: FYI.....The great christmas light fight.  (Read 1925 times)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
FYI.....The great christmas light fight.
« on: December 03, 2013, »
Monday the 9th at 9:00 pm on ABC - the great Christmas light fight starts It will have 4 families competing for 50,000 dollars each show. the first show is one hour, and the next 2 after that are 2 hrs. It could be interesting to see what they come up with to win

Offline arw01

Re: FYI.....The great christmas light fight.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, »
Thanks for the heads up, put it on the Tivo for a season pass right from the laptop.  gotta love Tivo Tivo!

Offline Sparky96

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, »
I watched it, however I found myself paying attention to the details of the displays. Like the software and hardware of the animated displays. I also was intrigued by the burying of all the extension cords in the ground by the one display. I don't want to spoil it for those that TiVo 'd it and haven't watched it yet so I'll just leave it at that. I'm sure I was the only one that did that though (spoken with possibly a hint of sarcasm).

DJ

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, »
The guy from CA when he was sitting at his computer with his wife behind hime, he was using xlights/Nutcracker!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, »
What's a TIVO?  Just kidding.  I don't have one and seldom watch anything on TV.  I'm either on the computer or reading a book.  A long time ago I finally realized that I could walk away from almost every show on TV and never miss the ending so I just quit watching.  To each their own.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Sparky96

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, »
It looked to me that the guy in the elf costume was using vixen. And Jim, I actually don't watch much tv myself, but since I don't have a tv recording device, I had to stay up and watch it the old fashion way. It if wasn't for all the commercials promoting it while my kids have been watching tv, I probably would have missed it.

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, »
The guy from CA when he was sitting at his computer with his wife behind hime, he was using xlights/Nutcracker!

yep andrew blount in laguna beach does use xlights/nutcracker for his show. i recognized some of the effects. he did a good job. i like how he created customized animations and played them back through the pictures effect.

he and his wife are very creative.

i also was impressed with the 4th display

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tng5737

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, »
I too watched with particular interest in the software driving the animated displays.  While Andrew did a great job _ still think that the show awarded the prize to the prettiest display!   I even watched "Deck the Halls" today because of the show!

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, »
Interestingly, I remember seeing videos of both animated houses somewhere on YouTube in the past, so even though it was a "premiere" TV show, it wasn't to me.   :)

I do agree that the last house was my favorite as well, even though there was no animation involved.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, »
I have to say, the house that won tonight with over a million lights was impressive. especially the 2500 strobes! the wife is getting ideas from watching this show. I "might" actually have a helper next year! lol wishful thinking, I know.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline arw01

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, »
Hey put a spoiler alert in there, some of us tivo these things.  don't want to know who won until the wifey and I can watch em later.  And being on the west coast it's been over for 2 hours for some of you guys already.

[/public service announcement]

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, »
Hey put a spoiler alert in there, some of us tivo these things.  don't want to know who won until the wifey and I can watch em later.  And being on the west coast it's been over for 2 hours for some of you guys already.

[/public service announcement]

ooops. not to be that guy but perhaps if you haven't watched yet, you should not read the comments. if have a game recorded, I don't turn on espn. I wasn't thinking of you guys on the west coast(not intentional of course) and certainly wasn't try to spoil anything for any one.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline drlucas

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, »
Come don't all the houses have over a million lights just to be part of the show? How is that a spoiler.

:)

Just kidding as I'm sure the comment about the strobes would do it. I completely forgot to set the pvr to record this, so hopefully it will be rerun or available online to watch in a couple of weeks.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, »
I think after the three episodes I have watched, they got the winner right every time.
 The first winner, The retired fireman with the buried cables, static display, completely blew me away.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, »
He better call Guinness because the world record was certified last month in Australia and was only 502,165 bulbs.
And get this- "Guinness didn't count each and every bulb. The record was authenticated with sales receipts and by counting LED bulbs spaced among the half million lights".

So everybody send me your receipts so I can claim 2 million lights!