Author Topic: Newbie Success!  (Read 973 times)

Offline Tom619

• Always learning...
Newbie Success!
« on: December 12, 2010, »
I want to sincerely thank each and every one of you that provides input to DIYLA. Over the past months I have been able to cobble together my first animated light show and could not have done it without YOU.  I have two Lynx Express up and running and have been able to put smiles on people(of all ages) faces  ;D, including, of course my own.

Every time I hit a rough spot I searched the topics and found articles posted about both successes AND failures.  My hat is off to those who let us know what went wrong as well as to those who, so ever kindly, replied with solutions. This truly is an active forum if there ever was one.

I have not only learned the required engineering skills but put have gained a renewed focus on patience and time management, to name a few. The most important thing is to recognize the reason for the season.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good light!

Thanks agin,

Tom <res.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Newbie Success!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, »
Hi Tom,

Great to hear you got the show going.

RJ does all of the hard work and puts a ton of time into the Lynx line and the website

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, »
Congratulations Tom.  Can you post a video?

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Tom619

• Always learning...
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, »
Rick,

Of course, RJ rules on this entire effort and has my highest  <res.. The support that you, Bill Buehler, and a score of many others (too numerous to mention without accidently omitting someone) that frequently post is ALWAYS encouraging.

Trekster, no video yet. I'll post one sometime soon.

You guys are wonderful in my books,

Thanks again,

Tom

Offline Tom619

• Always learning...
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, »
What I REALLY need to do next is become a patron to DIYLA and Vixen! I'll need to dig back in and learn where I can contribute some bucks (and I don't mean reindeer).

Tom <pop..

Oh, ya, and also post solutions when I able.

Offline Tom619

• Always learning...
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, »
Found it...

"If you would like to help support the site through a donations you can paypal donations to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Please PM RJ and let him know you have, he would like to show his thanks by adding the "Patron Member" tag to your DLA account.

Thanks "

It's in the wiki