Author Topic: Thanks RJ!!!!  (Read 613 times)

Offline kjam22

Thanks RJ!!!!
« on: December 02, 2011, »
This is the first year that I have done animated lights and it has been a huge labor of love!  I have over 24,000 lights and 128 channels so it has been a long road to get everything up and running.  While I was setting up my display, everyone would stop by and ask the usual questions - how much did all that cost, how long have you been working on it, and most importantly - Why are you going through all of that trouble? 

Well last night the last question got answered - a car load of kids with their parents stopped in front of my house, rolled down the windows, and the kids were singing along with Rudolph at the top of their lungs - they stayed through two rotations!  I told my wife, that is why I dit this, it made it all worth it.

So long story, but Thanks RJ, I never could have gotten to this point without your equipment or this site.  I think it is great that so many people are devoted to spending this much time and money just to make other people happy.

Offline DanHouston

Re: Thanks RJ!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, »
That is awesome...I'm still finalizing a few things in my show...my kids ask to go outside each night to watch the show each time it comes on. My daughter jumps up and down and claps at the end of each song....totally worth the effort to see that.
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, »
Yes you now understand the reason we all do it and why I spend all my time answering pms and post. It give so many people (not just the kids) so much joy.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, »
I will give a bit of testimony as well.  I live in a townhouse community that used to be filled with young families.  Recently, most of these families have moved out and renters moved in (many of which do not like doing social community activities -- mostly because of cultural barriers.)  The last three days of testing I have met four of my neighbors that would normally not give me the time of day and they all ask those questions about the obsession.  It is amazing how the light show is building more of a sense of community in our little part of the world and truly bringing light into peoples' lives.  RJ, you are a true blessing.  Thank you.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login