Author Topic: coro other ideas...  (Read 4898 times)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
coro other ideas...
« on: March 18, 2012, »
I've reallt been thinking about making some of the fasteddy's coro candy canes, and i've planned a few of them...   so i'm wondering for those of you that know what they are, what other shapes do you think can be made about as easily...

as for the stuff at Holiday Coro, i really wish they made some of that stuff also in smaller versions. I like their 48" ( i think that's how big it is) coro snowflake is really cool, but that's too large for my display. a 24" or even 18" version would be better. but i don't really want to make this a thread about their products, as they're a little bit different in design from the candy canes i mentioned above...   any ideas?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

Re: coro other ideas...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, »
You could try contacting Holiday Coro and see if they can scale the snowflake down for you.  IIRC, they make custom pieces and what would be easier than scaling down an existing piece.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You could try contacting Holiday Coro and see if they can scale the snowflake down for you.  IIRC, they make custom pieces and what would be easier than scaling down an existing piece.
last summer David (Holidaycoro.com) showed a coro candycane.  with baffles for each diagonal line it looked very nice.  I'm hoping that he productizes it soon.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, »
that might be fine, but with this site being diy, i was looking for suggestions of other christmas themed shapes to use.

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, »
Coro is easy to work with Chris. You can easily make whatever you want in whatever size you need.
I am in the process of making a new " Merry Christmas" sign made of coro letters 12" tall.
 I am using 5050 strips to light them and will use the MR 16 to control them.
I was also thinking of making snowflakes in a smaller size. Once you start working with it, you will see how easy it is. Get a coro claw, a good hot glue gun, and go silly...

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
coro other ideas...
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, »
I created a 24 inch flake with shape I got from my son. He made a small paper flake at pre school. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, »
I created a 24 inch flake with shape I got from my son. He made a small paper flake at pre school. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very nice.
 I just got my template.  8)

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
coro other ideas...
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, »
I have a sketchup file. Here is picture of the square modules.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, by dpitts »

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, »
I've been thinking about making a combination of candy canes and the round peppermint candies often seen.  I was going to try using the rectangular modules and place them in a swirling pattern to mimic the pattern found with these candies.

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, »
also, i mean no disrespect to David. Just when someone else does the design, it's not always what you want.

Offline dmoore

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, »
I've reallt been thinking about making some of the fasteddy's coro candy canes, and i've planned a few of them...   so i'm wondering for those of you that know what they are, what other shapes do you think can be made about as easily...

as for the stuff at Holiday Coro, i really wish they made some of that stuff also in smaller versions. I like their 48" ( i think that's how big it is) coro snowflake is really cool, but that's too large for my display. a 24" or even 18" version would be better. but i don't really want to make this a thread about their products, as they're a little bit different in design from the candy canes i mentioned above...   any ideas?

We, at HolidayCoro.com, do have a smaller SnowFlake on the drawing board (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).  We also have already produced a prototype of a candle (we also have a candy cane) that is jazzed up a bit, designed just for RJ's SmartString Modules.  Expect to see lots of these new items in April.

Offline dmoore

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, »
that might be fine, but with this site being diy, i was looking for suggestions of other christmas themed shapes to use.

I know plenty of people that have taken items we produced and made them for themselves.  If you have more time than money, we just about provide step-by-step instructions for a DIY solution.

Offline Timon

coro other ideas...
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, »

We, at HolidayCoro.com, do have a smaller SnowFlake on the drawing board (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).  We also have already produced a prototype of a candle (we also have a candy cane) that is jazzed up a bit, designed just for RJ's SmartString Modules.  Expect to see lots of these new items in April.

When you update Mrs Santa see if you can give her a better mouth, maybe a full singing one. Santa is fine since you really can't see his mouth through the beard and mustache anyway. Can't wait to see the other new items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline dmoore

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, »
When you update Mrs Santa see if you can give her a better mouth, maybe a full singing one. Santa is fine since you really can't see his mouth through the beard and mustache anyway. Can't wait to see the other new items.

If there is a specific design modification you'd like to see, feel free to mark-up the existing design, we are always looking for new ideas!

Offline chrisatpsu

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, »
For the ones that built there own, what other items did you come up with?