Author Topic: All dressed up and nowhere to go!  (Read 1273 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
All dressed up and nowhere to go!
« on: May 07, 2010, »
OK I am like a kid in a candy store! I just received my PICkit 2, got my Panavise earlier this week and don't have anything to use them on!  :( I am in both of the coops going on now and have ordered everything to build a dongle. Mouser has several parts to the dongle on back order and the coops don't close for a while!  >:( I cannot wait to get to work! I also cannot wait for the Aether!  :'( COME ON LET'S GO!!!! Is anyone else waiting?

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
Re: All dressed up and nowhere to go!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is anyone else waiting?
This week I have been building three SSR4s from boards that Bill sent to me in July 2008 ... sometimes, you've got to think ahead ;) ...

\dmc

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, »
I know what you mean.  I have built 5 expresses, 2 dongles and on Wednesday of this week I finished my first arch.  This will be my first year.  Got the info off the net and used a "tater twister".  It worked great.  20 foot long and spaced the ends 12 foot apart and it was 7 foot tall.  200 lights per channel for a total of 1600 lights.  It made me smile to run my first sequence through the arch.  Lots more to do and Christmas is just around the corner.

so much fun!

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, »
Greetings,,,

If you haven't already, now's a good chance to plan the lights setup and work on the software sequencing.  That can take a while.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, »
Oh Don't get me wrong I have plenty to do! ;) I just want to play with my new "toys"  ;D

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, »
Just so everyone knows, I am only a newbie to this site and DMX. I have over 500 LOR channels and 100,000 lights.  <fp. I built over 70% of my controllers, I am just excited to get into the DMX end of it and put together another 500 channels! Shhhhhhh! Don't let the wife know though!   >:D I'm not supposed to be buying anything new this year!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, by rdebolt »

Offline scharbon

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, »
Keeping my new purchases from SWMBO worked great for me last year.  Until she got home before me and found a coop box with parts in it waiting for me on the front porch.  What addiction?

Steve

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, »
Fortunately I can everything shipped to my business address! ;)