Author Topic: One of the Great Ones  (Read 700 times)

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
One of the Great Ones
« on: May 05, 2013, »
This past weekend we here in the Pacific Northwest held our annual NW CLAP.  We also used this time to remember Bill Foley with a memorial type session.  We used this time to include his image on all the presentations that were given.  It was very fitting, since we all know that small part of Bill is in all of our displays.  If it is hardware, software, ideas, love, or the helping hand, Bill was always there for us.  He had always gracefully given to us all without asking for something in return.  One look around Bill and Nancy's home you could see that Bill was the ultimate DIYer.   Everywhere you looked there was something he made to complete a project or a tool to help you complete it.  I wish all those that have never been to Bill and Nancy's could see how much a genius this man truelly was. 
During Lowells opening talk about Bill, there was not a dry eye in the room, even amoung the first timers there at Clap.  I personally missed seeing him this year shooing off Rudy as the dog strolled into the meeting room and begged for someone to pet him.  This year Rudy looked lost without Bill, like all of us. We were able to make it thru the session and learn great new things or reaffirm what we learned from past meetings.  The entire gang that put on the NW Clap did a fantastic job, and kudos to each and everyone one of you. I am positive that Bill would be proud of you for the great job you did.

I urge everyone out there, to look around you and not take anyone for granted, even those on the forums, for one day they will be gone.  We all need more people in our lives such as Bill. His legacy will always live on in my display.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, by Freebird »
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline urthegman

Re: One of the Great Ones
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, »
Thank you Freebird, Nicely said, I didn't know him, but I now feel like I know him a little. May he continue to rest in peace. And if I didn't say it before, THANK YOU for all that you do around here. George

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: One of the Great Ones
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, »
Could not have said it any better Freebird! It was very touching, yet different without Bill. Very nice post!!!!