Author Topic: Newtown, CT  (Read 2266 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Newtown, CT
« on: December 14, 2012, »
Thoughts and prayers go out to the people there.

So sad to hear about another school shooting

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Re: Newtown, CT
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, »
+1

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, »
My cousins live there (with their kids)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

sjb

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, »
Thoughts and prayers go out to the people there.

So sad to hear about another school shooting

Rick R.

+2

I can never bare to hear news of shooting, but when it invloved young childern with so much to look forward to. It just makes me sick. As mentioned Our prayers and thoughts are with the families and the community.

Steve

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, »
So sad, I feel sick

I can't image how the parents will cope with this

18 precious lives are gone

R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline rogerwh

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, »
Wow.  Christmas just won't be the same this year with this so fresh on our minds.  I know it's sort of cliche to say you can't imagine how the parents of these kids feel.  But, in this case, I really can't begin to fathom how parent can deal with this type tragedy.

Thoughts and prayers to all victims, famileis, and friends of these poor kids and faculty.

Offline bassmants

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, »
 :'(  Cannot even believe this.  I have two elementary grade kids and am sick inside thinking about it.

Offline mmciver

• Love the blinky blinky! in 85086
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, »
Terrible Tragedy!

Being the father of 4, I can't imagine the pain these parents are going thru.

Prayers to the entire community.

Mike.
650000 lights!
160 Channels - 2010 numbers
RGB elements
Combo Mega Tree
Never enough lights!

Offline rrawlings

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, »
I have an elementary age daughter that I am heading home now to be with to help her understand what has just happened.  How do you try to make sense of such a nightmare?

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, »
My Prayers and tears for the familys may GOD be with them
Jeff

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, »
I can hardly listen to the reports anymore.  Most of the kids were kindergartners...how can such sick people be of the same species as the rest of us.  Truly saddened by this loss of innocent life, compounded even more because of the time of year.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, »
My cousins live there (with their kids)

Sorry I missed this Chris

I hope and prayer they are safe

Rick R.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, by rrowan »

Offline sielbear

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, »
As many of you have already indicated, this is a horrific act that will impact this community and nation for years to come.  Having no kids of my own, I put considerable thought into whether I should modify the show as an outward acknowledgement of the event.  I think we as decorators are already pulled in the direction of sort of putting our emotions in our front yards. 

My initial thought was to change to Silent Night (part of the tranquil / peaceful late night rotation) with a simple voice over.  Then I tried as best I could, imagine myself as a parent.  After lots of debate, I came to the conclusion that my show represents all that is good and wonderful about this time of the year.  My show focuses on the Good News, the joy of friends and family, and the excitement of a new year.  Ultimately, I decided that it's not my place to start a discussion / acknowledgement within the vehicles of the visitors.  I'm sure there are many parents who may not be ready to talk about the event, etc. 

Ultimately your drawn to feelings of empathy / sympathy / prayer for the affected families with a lingering question, "is my prayer and empathy enough?" 

sjb

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, »
As many of you have already indicated, this is a horrific act that will impact this community and nation for years to come.  Having no kids of my own, I put considerable thought into whether I should modify the show as an outward acknowledgement of the event.  I think we as decorators are already pulled in the direction of sort of putting our emotions in our front yards. 

My initial thought was to change to Silent Night (part of the tranquil / peaceful late night rotation) with a simple voice over.  Then I tried as best I could, imagine myself as a parent.  After lots of debate, I came to the conclusion that my show represents all that is good and wonderful about this time of the year.  My show focuses on the Good News, the joy of friends and family, and the excitement of a new year.  Ultimately, I decided that it's not my place to start a discussion / acknowledgement within the vehicles of the visitors.  I'm sure there are many parents who may not be ready to talk about the event, etc. 

Ultimately your drawn to feelings of empathy / sympathy / prayer for the affected families with a lingering question, "is my prayer and empathy enough?"

Well said sielbear.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, »
My cousin from Newtown has mentioned that she will not turn on her Christmas lights tonight, and set out a single candle.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!