Author Topic: Rube Goldberg  (Read 2436 times)

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
Re: Rube Goldberg
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Okay...I was ignorant in the fact I did not know what a Rube Goldberg machine is. I have seen many over the years but never knew they had a name. Anyway, here is a link for a video of one.

Sorry I hit the wrong button RR

I bet there is no female in that house LOL

Cheers

Rick R.

Definitely. I can only imagine that my wife would be......difficult to live with if I had that set up in our house. She might be okay until one of the kids gets hit with a flying dart.

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, »
It's always funny until you get a dart in the eye.

Offline LondoB5

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, »
Ok, I can't see the video. Who is Rube Goldberg? Is it that guy from the World Wrestling Federation? Is it fireworks or something?

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, »
not the wwf wrestler.  <fp.  he would make contraptions that was over engineered to do a simple task..
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline CB

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, »
Think to the first Back to the Future movie when the alarm sounded and all kinds of contraptions started the toaster and coffee maker...that is a real Rube Goldberg.  I have seen a similar use where a snow ball was thrown from a snowman across the yard, creating a splash effect, that turned on a train the drove around and started a mega tree.

I will look tonight for the link if I can find it after baseball practice.

Offline CB

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, »
Oh and PS the WWF wrestler was Bill Goldberg but that is darn funny.

Offline tmtfield

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, »
Oh Man, the ideas are flowing....

I can picture a coo coo clock going off at 5PM that nudges a lit candle under a piece of string that is holding a GIANT candy cane upright, that falls when the string burns through. As the candy cane falls it hits a switch that turns on a model train (O gauge of course). The train then travels down a length of track and falls onto a seesaw that bumps into a bowling ball sitting precariously on a track. The bowling ball then falls onto a pillow that causes the first of 3000 domino's to start a chain reaction ending with the last domino falling onto a balance scale. The scale slowly rises until it makes contact with a trip spring that opens the door of a hamster cage. Of course the hamster has to be dressed in an elf costume. The hamster then runs to a plate that is wrapped around the north pole like a collar. As the hamster enjoys it's favorite snack on the plate (use the snack enlue of a trained hamster.....Not enough time this year to properly train a hamster) the plate slowly slides down  the north pole like the ball in Time Square. Once the plate reached the bottom of the pole it makes the final contact to start the show. However, I might be inclined to have it ring a tiny bell and have only one light of the display come on. This might be anticlimatic after such an elaborate starting device, but will be funny as he..

Just a couple of ideas
Tim
Debating with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead

Tim

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, »
Hey tmtfield, can I hire you to set this up at 5:30 every evening? Sounds great..lol...I was looking more at an animated hammer coming down on a pad that leads to my arches to a post with the word off on the top of it to change to the word on for the climax. Something simple..that's just an idea..
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline tmtfield

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, »
Hey tmtfield, can I hire you to set this up at 5:30 every evening?

;D     Will work for for food or LED's      ;D
Debating with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead

Tim