Author Topic: Show keeps growing and growing and growing...  (Read 1930 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Show keeps growing and growing and growing...
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, »
 <fp.

I started out to just create a show for christmas to make mom happy!  Since then, Well I was just boxing up 3700 cat5 pigtails to ship to bill for smart string controllers, 3700 smart string pcbs, about 1000 pcbs to Keith for a wireless coop.

now I am setting up a file cabinet to track all the reciepts for all our stuff so the IRS doesn't come after me.

You know, I think my light addiction might have slightly got out of hand also!  <yk..

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
<fp.

I started out to just create a show for christmas to make mom happy!  Since then, Well I was just boxing up 3700 cat5 pigtails to ship to bill for smart string controllers, 3700 smart string pcbs, about 1000 pcbs to Keith for a wireless coop.

now I am setting up a file cabinet to track all the reciepts for all our stuff so the IRS doesn't come after me.

You know, I think my light addiction might have slightly got out of hand also!  <yk..

RJ

Man you are out of control, I hope you never see the light and stop doing a show and sharing with us :)

Cheers

Rick (also a light addict) R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, »

All this is great but I still DO NOT have enough lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Great I have the controllers but one can sit here and watch the little green leds on the boards for just so long. lol

You can do what I do Dean, I get up on this 58 degree morning, sit in my garage with my laptop and watch videos on youtube of other light shows..

LOL that sounds like me..  Well except the garage part.  I just stay inside and watch 'em!  And of course dream..  sequence a little and look at other sequences.  Get ideas.  Realize I just am not up par with other sequences. Get frustrated. cool down and try it again...  I think I can I think I can I think I can...  Nope I can't..  Watch more videos! lol
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, »
I have put together many partial vixen sequences and many sequences are now ready for the delete button because of watching youtube and others. I gotta stop doing that and focus on my program(if that's possible) and just do it.. Lol.. I feel your pain...
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline CB

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, »
Ha, see I taught my 9 year old son to do the sequencing this year, he loves it and let's be honest he is much more productive than when playing Wii or the 360.  Yeah I baited him a bit, but that is all part of it. 

There is no way in heck I would ever document my investment just because that may cause divorce alone and then the list may need to get divided.  I just add every year, of course planning on about $400per year but that always at least triples.

Offline mcangeli

• Original Gangsta
    • Mcangeli
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, »
There is a big push to rename it from CLAP - Christmas Light Addiction Problem to ECLAS - Extreme Christmas Light Addiction Syndrome.  JK ;D

Check out this article

Did anyone else notice that the favicon for that site looks like a leaping arch?

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, »
For me it has turned into a compulsion. I love the "ECLAS" from one of the above posts. It makes it sound much classier.  ;D
Jim
Jim Wright

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, »
I am not addicted. I can quit at any time. I never work on my lights at work. I never work on my lights before noon.  I never work on my lights and drive.
Unfortunately for me, only one of those is true.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, »
i hope you dont work on your lights and drive! 
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!